ND professors named to ‘Highly Cited Researchers’ list

University faculty members from the Mendoza College of Business, the College of Science and the College of Engineering were included in the 2015 Thomson Reuters’ Highly Cited Researchers list, a Jan. 21 release stated on Notre Dame's news website.

"The list identifies the top 1 percent of the almost 9 million scholars and scientists who publish their academic findings every year, accounting for more than 2 million journal papers," the release stated. "Each year the list includes more than 3,000 scientists around the world who have published the highest number of articles that are cited the most frequently by other researchers. It is compiled from two separate Thomson Reuters studies that have been analyzed for publication and citation data from 22 subject fields of study, ranging from chemistry to social sciences."

In the College of Engineering, Bertrand Hochwald is the Frank M. Freimann Professor of Electrical Engineering, and J. Nicholas Laneman is an associate professor of electrical engineering, the founding director of the Wireless Institute and a fellow of the John J. Reilly Center for Science, Technology and Value.

In the College of Science, professor Timothy Beers is the Notre Dame Chair in Astrophysics, and Prashant Kamat is the Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science in the department of chemistry and biochemistry and the Notre Dame Radiation Laboratory, as well as concurrent professor in the department of chemical and biomolecular engineering.

In the Mendoza College of Business, Luis Gómez-Mejia serves as the Ray and Milann Siegfried Professor of Management.