-

-

Some thoughts on election day

| Wednesday, February 10, 2016

While we are disappointed to see The Observer’s endorsement go to another ticket, we remain as confident as ever that our ticket, Bertolotti-Fenton, is the most qualified and most experienced one in this race for student body president and vice president. Our message is the same as it’s been ever since we knew we wanted to run: Notre Dame students deserve a student government that is transparent in what it does, delivers on what it promises and unifies our campus.

Our ticket has a combined four years of experience in student government, and we know how to get things done. We have solid, achievable goals we’ve had the privilege of discussing with many of you over the last two weeks. Our platform is specific, tangible and necessary. If we earn our way to office, we promise you will see fast and impressive results.

At the end of the day, there’s only one endorsement that truly affects this race — yours. We’ve been door to door at every dorm on campus, talking to you about the issues you want dealt with. Our campaign isn’t flashy. We don’t have celebrity endorsements or the support of national news organizations. What we have is important years of experience and a deep appreciation for this beautiful institution. Today, spread the word to your friends. Think about what this election means. Above all, vote. A vote for Bertolotti-Fenton is a vote for transparency, deliverability and unity. Thank you all for your support.

Louis Bertolotti
student body presidential candidate

Elizabeth Fenton
student body vice presidential candidate

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email viewpoint@ndsmcobserver.com

• Stand Against Hate

The goals of this platform are attainable merely because they entail the distribution of shallow material benefits rather than substantive policy improving the campus climate for, for example, mentally ill or marginalized students. While the other two platforms also offer concrete, attainable goals, they do so in a way that addresses deeply important student needs, avoiding such impossibilities as a standardized taxi rate (which would entail either the coercion of struggling drivers or the expenditure of hundreds of thousands of dollars) in favor of furthering the interests of all students, not just those from the same background as the primary advocates of this platform.