-

-

Rape reported on campus

| Monday, April 25, 2016

A rape was reported to a University administrator Friday, according to Monday’s Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) crime log.

The alleged rape occurred January 16 in a Notre Dame residence hall, according to the entry.

Students did not receive an email crime alert from NDSP alerting them that a report had been filed with the University, due to the fact the University did not identify the report as a timely threat, in accordance with the Clery Act regulations.

Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault are available online from NDSP and from the Committee for Sexual Assault Prevention (CSAP).

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report
  • Liz Hynes

weird that rape is the only crime where “alleged” has to be used until it’s been proven…remember this story http://ndsmcobserver.com/2014/11/ndsp-reports-robbery-campus/ that turned out to be fake? we should start using the word “alleged” when reporting all potential crimes because you never know when someone is just lying for attention, right?

• RandallPoopenmeyer

Sorry, but not many crimes are similar to rape.
      With murder, there is a body or lack of one, with theft, there is a missing item. With rape, consent and intent is what makes it a rape, that is very hard to prove.