-

-

Students rewarded for outstanding leadership

| Thursday, April 14, 2016

The division of Student Affairs recognized seven students for “exceptional service to the Notre Dame community” at the 30th Student Leadership Awards Banquet on April 7, the University announced in an April 12 press release.

Senior Maggie Skoch received the Rev. A. Leonard Collins, C.S.C., Award, which honors “a graduating senior who has made substantial personal efforts to advance the interests of students at Notre Dame,” the release stated.

Senior Colleen McLinden received the John W. Gardner Student Leadership Award, which honors “a graduating senior who exemplifies the ideals of the University through outstanding community service beyond the University community,” the release stated.

Senior Preston Igwe received the Rev. Theodore Hesburgh, C.S.C., Award, which honors “a graduating senior whose contributions have significantly advanced the climate of welcome and inclusion within or beyond the University community,” the release stated.

Senior William Harris received the Blessed Basil Moreau, C.S.C., Leadership Award, which honors “a graduating senior who embodies Blessed Father Moreau’s vision of educating heart and mind as well as someone who has demonstrated significant effort to advancing the Catholic character of the University,” the release stated.

Senior Alison O’Connor was awarded the Ray Siegfried Award for Leadership Excellence, which honors “a graduating senior who exemplifies the qualities for which former Notre Dame Trustee Ray Siegfried was known, including leadership, generosity, devotion to the Catholic faith and affinity for athletics,” the release stated.

Senior Meredith Fraser received the Mike Russo Spirit Award, which honors “an outstanding undergraduate student who exemplifies the qualities for which Mike Russo was known, including service, personal character and striving to bring the best out of themselves and others,” the release stated.

Senior Maggie Bowers received the Denny Moore Award for Excellence in Journalism, which honors “a graduating senior who exemplify the qualities of Moore, a former Notre Dame associate vice president, who was known for his integrity, character, commitment to Notre Dame and writing ability,” the release stated.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report