-

-

NDI confirms safety of students in Munich during shooting

| Saturday, July 23, 2016

Notre Dame International (NDI) has confirmed the safety of the two students known to be in Munich during the shooting at Olympia mall that left at least nine dead.

Catherine Wilson, NDI executive administrator and international delegations coordinator, said Friday afternoon the University had confirmed the safety of two students registered to currently be in Munich, and were in the process of confirming the safety of other students in Germany.

One of the students who was in Munich had just arrived back in the U.S., Wilson said.

Wilson said all the other students currently in Germany have registered to be “fairly distant” from Munich, so she expects them all to be safe.

NDI did not utilize a “world-wide” confirmation, which would require contacting all students currently studying abroad, not just those in Germany.

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report
  • Eva Williams

That is awful. When I check such news I have all my skin shivering. Our children should feel safe and study without any troubles, they should calmly writing a college essay and other paper works, at least, they should feel in a educational establishment like home. Instead of it they fear to go to the college or school as they are afraid of shooting and the like that could happen there.