Our doors are open

Welcome to campus, class of 2020! It’s an exciting, nerve-wracking and transformative time filled with new faces and experiences that will shape the beginning of your incredible four years here at Notre Dame. Right about now you’re getting to know that bittersweet feeling of leaving for a whole new journey, one without the familiarities of home. The good news is: you’re not alone. About two thousand of your new peers are going through the same transition as you, and many more have been through it before (ourselves included).

College is a remarkable place that emboldens self-discovery, pushes you to your limits and challenges you intellectually. Our best advice? Cherish every single moment. The sleepless nights in the library studying for Gen-Chem, the crushing defeat of a flag football game, the deep talks about the meaning of life with your roommates in the residence hall: these are the types of moments that will define your time at Notre Dame and lead you to some of the most fulfilling friendships and exciting adventures in your life. It may seem vast and intimidating now, but soon you’ll be accomplishing feats you never thought possible and begin to find your place both at Notre Dame as well as in the world. Know that we are here for you during this new transition. Our doors are open. We hope to see you on campus, and feel free to come visit us in 203 LaFortune whenever you want to talk about anything.

Go Irish,

Corey Robinson student body president University of Notre Dame

Becca Blais student body vice president University of Notre Dame

Michael Markel student body chief of staff University of Notre Dame

Aug. 19