Quinn Family donates $5 million for Innovation Park

The Quinn family made a $5 million donation to the University to fund the second phase of construction of Innovation Park, according to a Monday press release.

The donation was made by the late 1969 Notre Dame alumnus, Thomas Quinn and his wife, Diane, according to the release.

“Tom was a tremendous supporter of Notre Dame with his time, talent and treasure,” Fr. John Jenkins, University President, said in the release. “This new and extraordinary gift makes it possible for us to continue to build upon the success of the first phase of Innovation Park. We are most grateful.”

According to the release, construction on the theThomas H. and Diane G. Quinn Hall for Innovation and Change is expected to begin later this fall or early winter. The Hall will be a 40,000-square-foot, three-level facility located across the street from the University.

Thomas G. Burish, Charles and Jill Fischer Provost of the University, said he joins Fr. Jenkins in thanking the Quinns for their donation.

“Over the past seven years at Innovation Park, we have seen a wide range of marketable business ideas emanating from faculty and student research,” Burish said in the release. “Phase II of the park is a major step forward for the University — and for the community as a whole, as we continue to collaborate with the city on initiatives that begin at Notre Dame and continue at Ignition Park in South Bend.”

According to the release, since Innovation Park’s opening in 2009, 59 new ventures have launched at the park, 29 companies are currently operational on the grounds, 38 Notre Dame faculty members are working there and 67 Notre Dame student interns are employed by various groups.

The Quinns’ donations have also contributed to the creation of the Quinn MBA China Immersion Program, the renovation of the Morris Inn and support for the Business on the Front Lines initiative in the Mendoza College of Business and the President’s Circle, according to the release.