Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Notre Dame

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is set to visit Notre Dame on Sept. 12, the University announced Tuesday.

According the press release, one of the main events will be “A Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” which will take place 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Joyce Center.

Ginsburg has served on the U.S. Supreme Court since her appointment by President Bill Clinton on Aug. 10, 1993. Prior to assuming her seat on the Supreme Court, Ginsburg served as general counsel to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) from 1973 to 1980 and subsequently served on the organization’s national board of directors from 1974 to 1980.

Ann Williams, a U.S. Circuit Judge and 1975 law school alumna, will serve as moderator for the conversation. Williams was appointed to the Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit in 1999. She currently serves on the University’s Board of Trustees.

The event is sponsored by the Office of the President, Notre Dame Law School and Notre Dame Student Government and is free but ticketed. Entrance is open to members of the campus community and the general public. Tickets are available on www.nd.edu/ginsburg and in person or via phone through the Murnane Family Ticket Office at Purcell Pavilion.