-

-

Sports

D.J. Harvey verbally commits to Notre Dame

| Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Notre Dame added the inaugural member to its 2017 recruiting class Tuesday evening as D.J. Harvey verbally committed to Notre Dame Tuesday evening.

Harvey is Rivals.com’s No. 51 overall recruit and hails from DeMatha High School in Hyattsville, Maryland. He is listed at 6-foot-7 inches and 180 pounds, and has played both guard positions during his high school career but can make the transition to small forward if necessary.

Harvey announced his verbal commitment on Comcast SportsNet’s Mid-Atlantic SportsTalk Live program and will finalize his commitment to Notre Dame in November during the early signing period.

Harvey joins Irish head coach Mike Brey and former player Jerian Grant as graduates of DeMatha High School who are associated with Notre Dame’s basketball program.

About Marek Mazurek

Marek is a senior history major and is a former resident of Carroll Hall. He has lived in Mishawaka or South Bend for all 21 years of his life and covers Notre Dame football and men's basketball. He has loads of hand-eye coordination but lacks the height to be any good. Marek is also a proud esports supporter.

Contact Marek