-

-

multimedia

Notre Dame vs. Navy — Nov. 5, 2016

| Monday, November 7, 2016

Durham Smythe scores on an 8 yard touchdown reception to give Notre Dame a 17-14 lead. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Durham Smythe scores on an 8-yard touchdown reception to give Notre Dame a 17-14 lead.

Fans overlook Everbank Field in pool inside stadium. A plexiglass side allows for watching the game even while underwater. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Fans overlook EverBank Field in pool inside stadium. A plexiglass side allows for watching the game while underwater.

Midshipmen of Hotel Company participate in the opening procession of student attendees to the game. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Midshipmen of Hotel Company participate in the opening procession of student attendees to the game.

Equanimeous St. Brown psychs himself up before play the drive after a Navy touchdown. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Equanimeous St. Brown psychs himself up before play the drive after a Navy touchdown.

Justin Yoon completes a 31 yard field goal with 7:28 left in the 4th Quarter. This is the last points scored by ND in the game. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Justin Yoon completes a 31 yard field goal with 7:28 left in the 4th Quarter.

ND Leprechaun looks on speechlessly. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

The Notre Dame Leprechaun watches the game from the sidelines.

Staff works in a vest with the game logo on it. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

.

Wide Receiver Torii Hunter Jr. gets hit hard after reception across the middle. Hunter left the game after this play. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Wide Receiver Torii Hunter Jr. gets hit hard after reception across the middle. Hunter left the game after this play.

Quarterback DeShone Kizer threw for 223 yards in 27 attempts. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Quarterback DeShone Kizer threw for 223 yards in 27 attempts.

Kevin Stepherson receives a pass and evades a tackle in his hometown of Jacksonville, FL. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Kevin Stepherson receives a pass and evades a tackle in his hometown of Jacksonville, FL.

Quarterback Will Worth punches through Notre Dame defense to score the touchdown that would eventually secure the Navy victory.Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Quarterback Will Worth punches through Notre Dame defense to score the touchdown that would eventually secure the Navy victory.

Notre Dame meets in a huddle during 4th quarter. The midshipmen stand cheering in their formal uniforms in the background.Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Notre Dame meets in a huddle during 4th quarter. The midshipmen stand cheering in their formal uniforms in the background.

Equanimeous St. Brown completes a 13 yard touchdown by leaping headfirst over the Navy defense. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Equanimeous St. Brown completes a 13 yard touchdown by leaping headfirst over the Navy defense.

DeShone Kizer throws one downfield during Notre Dame's 27-28 loss to Navy. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

DeShone Kizer throws one downfield during Notre Dame’s 27-28 loss to Navy.

DeShone Kizer winds up to throw a pass toward the sideline. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

DeShone Kizer winds up to throw a pass toward the sideline.

DeShone Kizer receives snap as he begins to look downfield. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

DeShone Kizer receives snap as he begins to look downfield.

Navy QB Will Worth scrambles up the field to set Navy up for a touchdown in the beginning of the 4th Quarter. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Navy QB Will Worth scrambles up the field to set Navy up for a touchdown in the beginning of the 4th Quarter.

Senior Calvin Cass Jr. of Navy runs for a 37 yard touchdown to give Navy a 21-17 lead with 11:08 left in the 3rd Quarter. ND Freshmen CB Troy Pride Jr. on receiving end of a hard block. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Senior Calvin Cass Jr. of Navy runs for a 37 yard touchdown to give Navy a 21-17 lead with 11:08 left in the 3rd Quarter. ND Freshmen CB Troy Pride Jr. on receiving end of a hard block.

Justin Yoon makes a 39 yard field goal to give ND a 10-7 lead with 1:47 left in the 1st Quarter. Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Justin Yoon makes a 39 yard field goal to give ND a 10-7 lead with 1:47 left in the 1st Quarter.

About Emmet Farnan

Contact Emmet