-

-

Notre Dame College Republicans host conservative commentator Ben Shapiro

| Friday, March 31, 2017

Two days after conservative author Charles Murray visited Notre Dame’s campus, Ben Shapiro, the editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire and self-proclaimed “second-favorite 33-year-old Jew” of American conservatives, spoke in the Carey Auditorium of Hesburgh Library as a part of College Republicans’ 69th annual Lincoln Day Dinner and Speech on Thursday.

ben shapiro webMichael Yu | The Observer

The Notre Dame College Republicans hosted conservative commentator Ben Shapiro on Thursday night in Carey Auditorium.

Shapiro began his lecture with an attack on intersectionality, an idea he said he feels has gained undue notoriety on college campuses.

“[Intersectionality] says we ought to judge people on their identity and not on the basis of the opinions they hold,” he said. “An identity is solely defined in terms of the group — it’s defined by race, by gender, by sexual orientation. There’s hierarchy of victimhood intersectionality … at the very top of the list are LGBT folk.”

Shapiro said this creation of victimhood also spills over into what he believes is the false notion of white privilege and the notion that there are barriers standing in front of minority groups.

“Society is not out to get you. Society doesn’t give two damns about you. … No one is going to bother to stand in your way,” he said. “If you don’t want to be poor in the United States … you only have to follow three simple rules: get married before you have babies, complete high school, get a job — that’s it. It doesn’t require a degree in rocket science.”

Shapiro also applied this philosophy to feminist thought.

“Are American women victimized? No,” he said. “American women are the freest and the wealthiest in the history of the world.”

These supposed myths, Shapiro said, were perpetrated on college campuses — a setting in which he believes conservative students could learn to defend beliefs.

“It’s a good opportunity for conservative students to get better at what they do,” he said. “[For me, it] was a good opportunity to read what [professors] were assigning and consider the arguments that they are making and then go do research as to why they are right and wrong.”

Shapiro also spoke on illegal immigration, one of the key issues at the center of last year’s presidential election.

“It is immoral to let people in who have not been vetted,” he said. “I don’t think the moral argument is [the] ‘People are coming from across the sea to take our jobs’ argument. I think that is a silly argument. I don’t think you have a right to work for a higher wage because you were born there.”

Junior Lars Rucker said he appreciated that Shapiro backed up his claims.

“Everything he said had some reasoning,” he said. “If he wasn’t confident in his reasoning, he specified.”

Sophomore Diego Arias said he hopes Shapiro continues to speak with a focus on issues that were present in the latter half of the event.

“I think he tried to fight back against the left with emotional stances, but the [question-and-answer] segment was better because it [answered] more reasonings for political stances — he has one of the clearest stances on Israel,” he said.

Sophomore Daniel Beasley said he thought Shapiro could have done a better job addressing his viewpoints in his speech rather than in the question-and-answer segment.

“He knows he can stir up the most controversy and get [to] the most people by talking about campus protests and things like that,” he said. “And I think part of that inadvertently fuels, not the ‘alt-right,’ but being against campus protests for the sake of being against it, rather than making a pitch for his own political viewpoint. You come out of the Q-and-A knowing what he believes.”

About Lucas Masin-Moyer

Lucas Masin-Moyer is a Sophomore at Notre Dame majoring in Political Science and American Studies, with a minor in Journalism, Ethics, and Democracy. He serves as Associate News Editor, lives in Morrissey Manor and hails from Telford, Pennsylvania.

Contact Lucas
  • Kimmy84

Congrats to my alma mater for allowing these people to speak on campus and not turning into sniveling children like so many at other, so-called “elite” schools.

• RandallPoopenmeyer

Sorry bitc*, but you don’t own or control colleges or universities, you don’t get to decide who they allow to speak. You are the uneducated sniveling baby if you can’t handle it when people express their right to free speech. Grow up, it sounds like you need a safe space from protesters.

• dave

Hey Randall, maybe you should actually read and process what Kimmy wrote before attacking her. Some peoples children I swear.

• ransom78

You’re on the same side you idiot. Read before commenting.

• RCraigen
      • CuckSlayer4Trump

Shutting down speaking events with violence and rioting is only considered free speech by autistic manbaby leftists.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

At least you admit that, by supporting Trump, you are indeed a cuck.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

What? No, I don’t support attacking and silencing people. Perhaps your autistic lack of unawareness prevents you from grasping this.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Ableist idiot detected.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Shaming on the basis of isms lost Hillary the election. Cry yourself to sleep, you’re ignoring the fact that you’re advocating for silencing your opponents. You obviously are up against some significant mental hurdles.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You insist on being a terrible human being. What else to expect from Trump supporters? But face it, you belong to a minority. If it weren’t for voter suppression and an outdated electoral system, your leader would be no more than a laughing joke.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Lies and insults. That worked out well in 2016. There is no voter suppression. Your idea of voter suppression is following federal law. Outdated? As you unintentionally proved, our system works great. http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/ Do some learning you unaccountable little nothing.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

“Lies and insults. That worked out well in 2016.”
            It’s funny when Trump supporters talk about themselves.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You can’t elaborate how there’s voter oppression? This is why you lost. Hubris ridden arguments. If voter suppression was so readily apparent then you wouldn’t need to pivot.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I lost? I wasn’t a presidential candidate, idiot. And you still expect people to present arguments? Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You’re sitting here complaining about the electoral college and spouting off nonsense about trigger warnings…..one can infer. The salt is real.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

It’s called voter suppression, not voter oppression. Learn to read.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Yeah, and you can’t even delineate what it is. Lol.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

I’m a terrible human being because free speech n shiet…….hm, sad!

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I find it interesting that you assume that I support Hillary just because I don’t like a neofascist liar who brainwashed you. You sure like false dilemmas.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Right, you just advocate trigger warnings and leftist lies about debt the electoral college. You wouldn’t be on a histrionic rant if you had rudimentary knowledge on both facets.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Is anyone who disagrees with you a leftist?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

I think I answered that already.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

People who use the word fascist so liberally don’t care about actual fascism or politics in general, they’re simply mentally unhinged and selfish.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Says the guy who uses “left” so liberally.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You want to talk about false dilemmas? Calling someone “left” or acknowledging their side of the political spectrum is not the same as calling someone a fascist, you’re juvenile if you think otherwise.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Ableist idiot detected.

• Charlie

Randall, I suggest you read Kimmy’s comment in full before you jump to default attack-mode. People volunteer a lot about their character when they belch out such hyper-aggressive nonsense in an online forum. Don’t be too quick to attack strangers, friend. You two are on the same side.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

If you refer to what happened at Berkeley, then you should know the difference between open debate and doxing people from minority groups. While generally conservative speakers have a right to speak at universities (and I’m OK with that as long as they present facts rather than lies or pseudoscience), people who incite to violence or disrespect basic human rights shouldn’t be given a platform. That’s not what taxpayers’ money is for.

• chuckrrr

And you’ll be glad to tell us what are facts lies and pseudoscience.Just guessing some of us might disagree with some of your determinations. Then what? I think we’ve seen what then… at Berkeley, Depaul and dozens of other campuses.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Racism is pseudoscience.

• chuckrrr

And who defines that? You? Do you have an specific example?

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Wait, are you really saying that racism is science? Seriously?

• chuckrrr

Yeah ””that’s what I said (sarc). Your the one that somehow intermingled science or pseudoscience with racism…which I find quite bizarre. But I have a feeling you somehow can see racism in almost anything,

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I have a feeling that you think that racism doesn’t exist, even though you probably believe in God’s existence. While it’s not proven whether God exists or not, it’s indeed proven that racism exists.

• chuckrrr

I think you should put less faith in your feelings. Because in this case your feelings have led you to incorrect assumptions on both counts. My feelings about you and your notion of omnipresent racism seem to be quite accurate. My point from the beginning is I don’t want you to define truth or lies for me because I don’t trust your judgement anymore than you do mine.

• Sambo

Succinct!

• Charlie

disqus, it would behoove you to actually take in chuckrrr’s words rather than jump to an exaggerated falsity of what you interpret his words to be. He’s speaking plainly and coherently, and it’s apparent to the rest of us within this forum. Racism exists, but true racism is subtle, and the Left has bastardized and perverted the word by barking it out anytime they feel challenged. If there was as much racism as the Left claims there is, they might actually show some fear rather than using it as a buzz-word to bully people into silence.

“I won’t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said”

~William F. Buckley

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Spammer.

• Charlie

I guess I’d stick to name calling too if I ran out of material..

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Have you read your own comments?

• chuckrrr

It’s impossible to have a conversation with these people. They can’t answer a question directly. They view every comment you make to be motivated by racism or some other form of bigotry. How could you possibly converse with someone that makes those assumptions about you. I occasionally try, but I’m always reminded how futile it is.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Good joke. As if you have ever presented an actual argument. You prefer to attach yourself to alternative facts.

• chuckrrr

Don’t know where you got the idea that I was presenting an argument. You seem to be arguing with yourself. Also, I haven’t spouted any fact’s, alternative or just regular. You seem to be just looking for an opportunity to use that phrase.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

*You’re

• chuckrrr

Score

Me 500
            You 1…You’re

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Not institutional racism, towards black and latinos at least. So judgmental, despite probably being a detached white loser with nary a handful of minority friends.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are you playing identity politics?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

I’m responding to your identity politics, princess. With facts.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I’m not your “princess”. Why is it that Trump supporters know no boundaries?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You already admitted that words “trigger” you, so now I’m treating you like you deserve to be treated, a bratty kid.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You have “cuck” on your username. That says everything about you.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

So? What are you gonna do, inhibit free speech? Would that make you feel more comfortable, you cluster of neuroses?

• Charlie

Good thing none of these conservative speakers have been pushing for violence then, eh? Since the Left has become so intellectually lazy and insecure that people would actually challenge their circumcised worldviews, buzzwords and exhausted platitudes, they then choose to protest rather than debate.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are you under drugs?

• Charlie

I’m under the cosmos, clouds and a rooftop. I believe you mean “under the influence of drugs” and no. Just tearing your viewpoints to shreds for others to see. Come back to me when you have a substantive retort.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You didn’t tear anything. Your reasoning is entirely fallacious. Come back when you have learned about informal fallacies.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Do you know about Dylann Roof? He played in your team.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Protesting is a 1st amendment right. Deal with it.

• Charlie

Hahaha, you’re still fuming at the fact that I got through to you?!? Aw man, you need to work on this, buddy. I was busy enjoying my weekend while you were still in your blurt-mode, trying to think up a comeback. How many replies did you end up leaving me, 5 or 6?

And to answer you, when conservatives are coming to the table with facts, ready to debate and leftist snowflakes decide to whine and protest rather stand up to the challenge, they do themselves no favors. No one was questioning the constitutionality of protesting, but thanks for letting me know you’re still not over this, lmao 😂

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Using the cliche word “snowflake”: check. By the way, in Europe snowflakes defeated nazism.

• Thomas Campbell

Nazis were defeated by real men who would slap the teeth out of your mouth if you dared utter such historical ignorance and disrespect in front of them. Judging by your comments on this page, you’ve been confused for a long time. Greater minds have come before you and will come after you to keep this country strong. Good hunting Charlie, looks like this kid is just talking in circles.

• Charlie

Haha, well I think he’s broken. He spent his entire weekend desperately trying to get a reaction from me. He volunteered everything I needed to know about him. Thanks for the props there. Cheers-

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You are really violent. Sad.

• Charlie

“in Europe, snowflakes defeated nazism”… well, I think I’ve got all I need right there. A perfect bow atop the package of your jocular and baseless contretemps. Keep fighting the good fight there, disqus. Maybe you’ll convert even more people to conservatism with arguments such as these! Cheers-

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Again, I’m ok with conservatives. The British empire had a conservative government during World War II. France had a conservative government when it refused to participate in the geopolitical disaster that the invasion of Iraq was. A lot of European countries have conservative governments which promote marriage equality, freedom of choice and environment-friendly laws. The Republican Party isn’t conservative but neofascist. The real conservative party in the US is the Democratic party.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Moderate conservatives may come to the table with facts. Republicans like you don’t.

• Frank Rizzo

Props to Notre Dame for allowing free speech. Something being slowly taken away not only on college campuses, but across the US.

Part of the college experience used to be about being exposed and confronting new ideas. Research and decide what makes more sense to you and back up your view with evidence. Today it’s the opposite – people are more concerned about hurting peoples feelings. And only exposing kids to one view, teaching them that any other view is evil. That is a country going in the wrong direction, a failing “free” country.

This point is true if you are on the left or the right. So again props for allowing open discussions. Hopefully others will learn by your example.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Can you give examples of occasions in which free speech was denied in college campuses lately?

• Sambo

Berkley, Middlebury, De Paul……there are others, and that’s just for speakers.

Students who have been disciplined for stepping from “free speech zones”….too many to count.

Denied by either “peaceful” protests, yeah right, or the administration and faculty.

So screw your denial, we’re all gonna fight back and win!

• CuckSlayer4Trump

We already did, I think you mean “win again” or in the words of bossman, “We’re gonna win so much that you’re going to get tired of winning. You’ll say please, Donald, no more winning, but we won’t!”

• Sambo

🎶 Proud of Your Boys🎶

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You’re winning so much that your leader didn’t even win the popular vote.

• Charlie

Good thing we have the electoral college, which was never an issue for the Left until Hillary got shlonged. Speaking of popular: Justin Bieber and McDonalds also technically have a “popular vote”. It doesn’t make something good just because you have a ton of people who are for something. There was a time when the majority of our country was pro-slavery. Then the Republican Party came along and took care of that too.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Did you ever take a Philosophy class? Did you ever learn about false analogies? You’re comparing elections with music or food. By the way, Justin Bieber is richer than you, looks better than you and is more successful than you.

• Charlie

God I’m glad you’re replying. I don’t even have to insult you, you’re volunteering everything we need to know. Hahaha 👍

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I repeat: did you ever learn about false analogies?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

What an incredibly salty response! Whining about false analogies and then pivoting to Justin Bieber for whatever reason….must suck to be angry with no cause.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Did Justin Bieber trigger you?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

I’m bout that Bieb life, I just don’t understand what triggered you/why you’re commenting.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are you against freedom of expression?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Freedom of expression isn’t shutting down speakers…..are you aware of the context of this thread?

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

It’s not protesters’ fault that speakers get triggered by dissenting opinions.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Yes, it is. The juvenile trigger mentality was used to justify all sorts of attacks on freedom of speech.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Hillary is not left-wing. You’d realize that if you weren’t terribly misinformed.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Tell me about it! The electoral vote is in place to prevent mob rule, look it up. If you think that India’s government is preferable to ours, then you’re free to skeedaddle!

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I think that the governments in Germany, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland are better. In those countries, a minority of right-wing extremists doesn’t end up doing whatever they want. They don’t even get into power in the first place.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Then why haven’t you moved there? We have the best healthcare, schools, economy, government, freedom of choice than any other country. Those economic models barely work, and are only palatable because each of those countries have under 5 million population respectively. They have income tax rates of up to 65% and have no corporate presence whatsoever, lol. Terrible healthcare too, as a result of having no competition in their healthcare industries.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are those alternative facts?
            Best healthcare?
            http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/
            US position: 37. What’s common in all countries in the first 36 positions? They all have universal healthcare. 23 of those countries are European. One of them is Canada. Five of them are from the Middle East. This explains how bad the American healthcare system is. You can also look at live expectancies:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
            US position: 31. What’s common in all countries in the first 30 positions? They all have universal healthcare. One of them is Canada. 21 of them are European countries.
            People still complain about when healthcare systems in their countries aren’t working as they should, but they all agree in one thing: they don’t want an healthcare system like the American one. They don’t want a culture of death.
            Best schools?
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment
            40 in Maths, 25 in Science and 24 in Reading. Again, all those countries where governments invest in education rather than in the army have better scores.
            Freedom of choice? Americans couldn’t be more puritanical. In Europe politicians respect women’s right to choose. In Europe politicians respect teenagers’ right to be informed about sexual education.
            You live in a sad country and you are blinded by hate. I pity you and I hope that one day you’ll realize you were, like your username indicates, a cuck.

• CuckSlayer4Trump
          • disqus_PBnOP0sXke

So according to you one magazine article contradicts the life experiences of hundreds of millions of people? You really live in a bubble.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Look at the sources it provides. The devil is in the details. You’ve been arguing off of fact free sentiment for several comments now, I wouldn’t expect you to adhere to sources. I didn’t say it was perfect, I said it was the BEST. Lol, free yourself from your partisan shackles.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Only Trump supporters like you want a minority to make the 75% of the eligible voters to be held hostages by an extremist political ideology which was rejected by 54% of the American people who voted.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Lol, no, the Founding Fathers wanted that. You have disdain for the section of America that provides your food, energy, textiles and raw resources, Obama just won two elections, blame yourselves for running a terrible and divisive campaign you out of touch clown.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

The founding fathers were slave owners living in the 18th century. Have you realized that you’re in the 21st century?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Yeah, and they created the most economically relevant, religiously liberated, free country in the world, with the best school system, the strongest military, the most innovative research and medical studies….they knew what they were doing. 😉 And the founder of Planned Parenthood was in the KKK and spoke of euthanizing black and disabled babies.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are those alternative facts?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Nope, explain how any of those are false. You are so uneducated it’s painful. If you cared about the truth you wouldn’t need distractive non-sequiturs to feel better about your lack of knowledge. Explain how any of those aren’t true.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

The only reason you fear a proportional system is because you know that, without a two-party system, your leader would never get more than 20% of the vote. Just look to what happens to extremists in Europe. Europeans learned their lesson in a terrible way. However, people like you choose to be ignorant and self-destructing.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Uh, no, I just have faith in the founding fathers, you literally just advocated for disproportionality, insinuating that the California and NY dictating the elections is “proportional.” Nope, sorry. You are in way over your head.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

California and New York combined have 18% of the American population. Even if everybody in those two states voted the same way (spoiler alert: they don’t), those two states couldn’t dictate elections. And why didn’t you mention Texas and Florida? Any of those two states have more people than New York.
            I don’t think you know any basic math. But again, Trump supporters are usually terribly misinformed.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Then whats all the fuss about the electoral college? 😉 Welcome to the real world, sweetheart.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I’m not your “sweetheart”. You’re being terribly disrespectful and as such I have to report you. Similarly to Trump, you don’t know how to behave appropriately towards other people. It’s not surprising, though, that’s why you support a sexual offender.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You can give it but you can’t take it….no accountability or honesty whatsoever. Trump never settled in civil court like Bill did, not a rapist.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Bill Clinton had consensual sexual activity with Miss Lewinsky. But you don’t seem to know the meaning of the word “consent”.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Are you stupid? He settled in civil court. He was accused of rape by roughly 10 women and had to pay one to keep quiet. Many of them attended the 2nd Presidential Debate, btw if you had minimal sexual activity you might not be so tightly wound, lol.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Citation needed.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Google it, you biased liberal shill. If you proclaim to be a feminist then you should know these apparently minute details.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Trump settled in court a 25 million dollar lawsuit. If he settled that amount, it’s because he stole way more than that. Why isn’t Trump in jail?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

For rape? Did he settle for rape? Hm…..

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Still waiting to know when Bill Clinton settled for rape. But are you saying it’s ok for Trump to admit to having sexually assaulted women as long as he didn’t settle in court?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You don’t have google? You’re definitely going nowhere in life if you cant utilize search engines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_v._Jones#The_court.27s_decision

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You obviously have no educational background in anything relevant. You consider rioting to be free speech, you hand out insults and then report me when you get them back (nobody cares about disqus, loser) and you lie about the onus of debt being on red states and prove yourself wrong about the electoral college…..grow up kid, using trigger warnings as an excuse to enact totalitarian tactics on free speech, take my advice and drop all of this garbage, because you will be unhireable come time to grow up and face the music.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Wow, you really got triggered.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You can’t explain why I’m wrong, and you’re talking about trigger warnings as a justification for being insulated. Pathetic.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I’ve explained why you’re wrong. Your premises are lies. And if the premises are wrong, your reasoning is wrong. Haven’t you learned that in Philosophy?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

No you haven’t, lol. You called me a “terrible person.” That doesn’t pass for a factual retort.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Someone who supports Trump is either ignorant or a bad person. I guess you’re both.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Lol, again, you’re shirking responsibility of your claims. Also, if you had an income of any sort, you’d vote Republican. Keep up the insults, even Bernie sanders admitted that it was Hillary’s fault for Trump winning, not the “deplorables.”

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You support Trump. That says everything about you. You either are very stupid or a terrible human being. I’d bet you’re both.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Im putting myself through college currently after getting a perfect gpa at CC. Double major, working 45 hours a week. Finance and Audio Production at Georgia Tech. Big ole scholarship. I don’t know or care to know anything about you, I voted Bernie in the primaries and then I started college, and i realized that Bernie had no idea what he was talking about in terms of economics. You have extreme confirmation bias and seemingly very little real world experience.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

“Look at me, I’ve been to college. That means I’m smart and you should all blindly believe in what I say!”
            That’s how you sound.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

You called me stupid, I responded. Wow, what a salient and mature response.

• Charlie

Here here

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You’re fighting what, an imaginary threat? You shouldn’t play too much computer games.

• Sambo

I play zero games.

I want campuses to be a learning experience for my kids, not an exercise in group-think.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

They are a learning experience. That’s why most college students hold progressive views.

• Sambo

That may be true.

Btw, what’s wrong with holding conservative views?

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

There’s nothing wrong with holding conservative views.
            There are several things wrong with promoting lies and hate.
            Plus, the Republican Party isn’t conservative but neofascist.
            https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/how-conservative-would-uk-conservatives-be-us/312573/

• Sambo

You make campus sound so enlightening. /s

These generalized claims are tiresome.

Wanna hear some more?

Democrats are the party of the kkk, Jim Crow, slavery, and their campus tactics seem pretty fascist to me.

Btw, fascism originates from Marxist ideology and it’s group equality not individuality.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Can you explain what has fascism to do with Marxist? For the last five decades, the KKK has endorsed the Republican Party. The KKK endorsed Donald Trump. And can you tell me when did Democrats arrest people for voicing their opinions? When did Democrats attack the media for reporting facts? When did Democrats ban immigrants because of their religion?

• Sambo

That is a lot of questions.

1. Read some books on those subjects, the info you seek is there.

2. Media is a terrible source on these topics.

3. The kkk also endorsed K. Ellison, so it’s safe to say their endorsement means nothing because they are nothing. For all the years they had power they were all democrats.

4. You were trying to equate nationalism with fascism, that’s lazy.

5. The media is all progressive & Hollywood for that matter, they should be attacked. Their slants, biases, and narratives should be called out. Although “fake news” is crude and buzzwordy.

6. Who was jailed for their opinion?

7. Your immigration question is worded so trap-like it’s not even worth answering.

Honestly, I think Trump is an idiot and a dangerous baffoon, he should go.

Also, I think you stand on an imaginary moral plateau, also dangerous.

If you’d like to have a honest discussion, I’m down, otherwise have a great day.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

FOX News is progressive? What? Are you really expecting to be taken seriously after saying that?

• Sambo

Who takes Fox seriously, they’re ridiculed on the regular.

Btw, that’s one example.

It’s not even worthy of exception in the progressive media ocean.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

If progressives run all those things you say, then why did the media attack Bernie Sanders so much? Why did Hollywood booed Michael Moore when he criticized Bush? Why are neofascists invited to speak at universities? Why does Facebook allow Trump supports to incite to violence? It looks like you’ll only stop considering media “progressive” when Republicans take total control of it.

• Sambo

No, and if you read my last sentence, I did call out a recent swing, although slight.
            On a personal note- that wouldn’t make me happy, I prefer a more evenness, but these are just observations.

Tech– They don’t care so much who their users are as long as they have customers. I doubt you could get a job in the industry being a conservative, like in the Bay Area or Silicon Valley.

Media–When their name started being trashed and loosing ratings like a cut artery, they started switching up the coverage a bit. Anyway, the DNC had it out for Bernie.

Hollywood– Talk about inciting violence, how bout that awards speech. They’ve been pretty quiet too since the election. You still can’t get a job as a conservative, ask Ben Shapiro.

Higher Ed– When progs talked about equal rights, people got on board, rightfully so, easy cause.
            When that morphed into:
            safe spaces, everything is racist, anyone who utters differences in people are racist, trigger warnings, diversity for diversity’s sake, third wave feminism, free speech zones, mandated pronouns–
            —You don’t see this as crime-thought? A bit fascist?
            All that makes conservative speakers appealing, a different view, calm common sense. Yet they get shut down, even the tame ones, by any means necessary.
            Btw, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Dave Rubin are anything but neofascists–two of them are Liberals.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Are you kidding? Here’s a 13 minute comp that doesn’t even begin to cover it. UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, NYU, DePaul, UW Madison, Mizzou, to name a few. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bhkkrEepH8

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Oops, I forgot UIC.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Chicago seems to trigger Trump and his supporters a lot. Good job, Chicago!

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Wot? I live in Chicago. Shutting down speaking events is closer to fascism than anything that comes out of the right, garbage like this is why Illinois elected a Republican Gov, despite two thirds of our population being in the Chicago area.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I don’t think you’ve ever used a dictionary because if you did you’d know the meaning of “fascism”. Illinois only elected a Republican governor because people forget to vote on the midterm election. When there is a presidential election, Democrats win in Illinois on a landslide.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

I will continue to levy allegations of fascism on the left’s behalf as long as the left keeps shamelessly trotting the term out. No, Illinois voted for a Republican because we have 1/6th of the nation’s unpaid pensions, and our debt can has been kicked down the road for 25+ years.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Most of the US debt come from red states. Inform yourself and stop being a cuck.

• CuckSlayer4Trump
          • disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Is anyone who disagrees with you “the left”?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Nope 😉

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Looks like so. If you had a brain, you’d know the difference between liberals and leftists. At least I know the difference between reasonable conservatives and neofascist trolls like you.

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Tell me, then. You justify shutting down speakers with riots and chanting. And you think you’re reasonable? I think you might be on the autism spectrum. No one cares what an unemployed, lackadaisical liberal considers reasonable, you kids get triggered over words.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Decide yourself. Am I unemployed or am I paid to protest?

• CuckSlayer4Trump

Unemployed and unaccountable for your own laziness and shortcomings, IMO. People are paid to protest and comment on behalf of political entities all the time, on both sides, but I think you’re just dumb and unaccountable.

• Charlie

Thank you for constantly opening windows to your failed doctrine of beliefs. I’ve enjoyed all your comments on this site so far. You are a sterling example of why the Left is fearful and ineffectual at debating conservatives. The bubble in which you have resided has been popped.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You didn’t answer my question. I’m trying to debate but you explicitly refused to do so. You are the one living in a bubble.

• Charlie

Actually Sambo answered your question in full, to which you seem to have no comeback. I’m simply remarking on the fact that we’ve climbed your spine to find your brain sleeping soundly. Nice try though bud. You need to work on this, it’s obvious you’re not enjoying this reparteé nearly as much as us. Cheers 🥃

PS: I specifically read NY Times, Salon, Huffington Post, the Guardian, etc. just to take your intellectual ammunition away first. That’s not residing within a bubble. Also, maybe you should come up with your own lines rather than biting my wit 😊

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Are you under drugs?

• Charlie

Ha, broken record eh?

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

You are a sterling example of why the far-right is fearful and ineffectual at debating reasonable people. You live in a bubble and you need to resort to alternative facts to spread your poisonous ideology.

• Charlie

Not really, look at any Ben Shapiro debate on YouTube and come back to me when you’ve found an instance of him being stumped. Your projections haven’t gotten you very far buddy. Keep trying, I’m having a blast riding your anxieties 🤗

• Charlie

That’s actually all the right does, we debate. Check out how Cruz destroyed Bernie Sanders live on CNN. They were sure to never remark on that debate again. Bernie literally ran out of things to say and Cruz could barely stop himself from smiling towards the end. Who are YOUR intellectual heavyweights? Sam Harris is the only one I can really think of and he mainly speaks on theology, not politics.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Destroyed? Very good joke. Ted Cruz did nothing but lying. The only politician who lies more than him is Donald Trump. Plus, where’s Ted Cruz’s birth certificate?

• Charlie

“Did nothing but lying” Yikes, I won’t even touch that. Hahaha, thank you for the confirmation of my win. I needed this. Happy Saturday, sweetheart!

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

I’m not your “sweetheart” and I never gave you permission to call me that way. Apparently you think like unregistered sexual offender Donald Trump.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Well, if you think you won, who am I to say otherwise? You live in an echo chamber.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

“I want an healthcare system like the American one”
            Said nobody in Canada or Europe, where life expectancies are way higher.

• disqus_PBnOP0sXke

Where is Cruz’s birth certificate?

• Fr. Tom Pomeroy

Is this available online at all yet?

• Fr. Tom Pomeroy

Is the video online yet?