Notre Dame finishes 12th in prestigious Bryan National Collegiate Tournament

The Irish wrapped up the regular season this past weekend, earning a 12th place finish amongst a field of 18 teams, including seven ranked in the top 25, at the Wake Forest Bryan National Collegiate Tournament in Greensboro, North Carolina with a three-round team score of 43-over par.

Originally scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, heavy rains pushed the start of the tournament back a day. After both rounds on Saturday, the Irish stood in 13th place with a 607. Notre Dame shaved 11 strokes off of their score from the first to the second round, led by sophomore Emma Albrecht, whose two-round 143 put her in ninth place, and sophomore Maddie Rose Hamilton, who shot a 148 over two rounds despite being fifth in the lineup.

On Sunday, the Irish wrapped up the tournament with 12-over par 300 to put the team at 907, good enough for 12th place in a field that included third-ranked Alabama, tenth-ranked Georgia and hosts No. 12 Wake Forest, among others.

The top three overall finishers for the Irish consisted of the sophomore trio of Albrecht, Hamilton and Isabella DiLisio. Albrecht, who tied for 11th overall, finished with a three-day total of 216. Hamilton finished with a total of 224, which placed her overall 31st. Rounding out the top three was DiLisio finishing with a score of 233 that tied her for 65th overall.

After a one-week hiatus, the Irish will return to compete for the ACC championship April 13-15 at The Reserve Golf Club in Pawley’s Island, South Carolina.