-

-

ND Women’s Basketball

Patberg, Boley announce decision to transfer

| Monday, April 10, 2017

Irish head coach Muffet McGraw announced Monday that sophomore guard Ali Patberg and freshman forward Erin Boley would transfer from Notre Dame followed the end of the semester.

Irish freshman forward Erin Boley defends the paint against Boilermakers sophomore forward Dominique McBryde during Notre Dame’s 88-82 overtime win over Purdue on Sunday at Purcell Pavilion.Emmet Farnan | The Observer

Irish freshman forward Erin Boley defends the paint against Boilermakers sophomore forward Dominique McBryde during Notre Dame’s 88-82 overtime win over Purdue on Sunday at Purcell Pavilion.

Patberg missed her freshman season sue to a torn ACL and battled illness throughout her sophomore year. She played 169 minutes in the 2016-2017 season and saw action in 22 games. Patberg only attempted 11 field goals throughout the season.

Boley saw action in 37 games and made 10 starts, playing an integral part in the offense after junior forwards Kathryn Westbeld and Brianna Turner went down to injury in January and March, respectively. Boley made a name for herself as a 3-point shooter, draining 47 threes on the year and shooting .395 from behind the arc — a percentage which puts her second on the team behind sophomore guard Arike Ogunbowale. Boley also collected 104 rebounds her freshman season.

Neither player has indicated where they will transfer.

• Terry Norton

Wow! Very sorry to hear this. I like Both Erin ansd Ali a lot. Exceptional players. Had a brief encounter with Erin at the ACC tourney and she was very sweet (and tall). I wish both of you all the best in the future, I know wherever you end up, you will be an asset to your team. Keep playing!!