-

-

The Notre Dame family

| Friday, May 19, 2017

Editor’s note: This letter to the editor was originally published on November 13, 2016.

We recently attended the memorial Mass for our son, Jake, in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Notre Dame has always been a very special place for us. After learning of our son’s passing, we were concerned that returning there now and in the future would bring us sadness. That concern was alleviated for us during our recent visit. The Notre Dame family has gone above and beyond to help us get through this. From the arrangement of our trip, the Mass and the assembly at the Grotto with the men of Siegfried, we felt not only the presence of God, but also that of the Notre Dame family. Mere words cannot describe our appreciation for the prayers, love and support. We love Jake and know a lot of you do too. We are humbled to know he touched so many lives in his short 20 years on this earth. Now, we all take that experience and continue our journey to heaven. May God bless and keep us all the days of our lives.

Love thee Notre Dame.

Jerry and Janet Scanlan

class of 1982

Nov. 13, 2016

Letters to the Editor can be submitted by all members of the Notre Dame community. To submit a letter to the Viewpoint Editor, email viewpoint@ndsmcobserver.com