-

-

Former chief legal officer to serve as college counsel for Saint Mary’s

| Thursday, July 27, 2017

Cristal Brisco, former chief legal officer of South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg’s administration, will assume her new role as college counsel for Saint Mary’s on September 1, according to a College press release.

“I’m delighted Cristal Brisco has agreed to join my leadership team,” Saint Mary’s President Jan Cervelli said in the release. “Her wealth of knowledge, her experience with the city and Barnes & Thornburg and her deep appreciation of Saint Mary’s mission make her superbly qualified.”

According to the release, Buttigieg has confidence that Brisco will serve as a major asset to the College.

“Cristal Brisco served the city of South Bend with great distinction,” he said in the release. “She will be difficult to replace, but as a colleague and friend I am pleased to see her take on a new leadership opportunity. I wish her and her new Saint Mary’s College family the best of luck as I know Cristal will continue her excellent record of service in this new position.”

Brisco has been recognized as a Rising Star by Indiana Super Lawyers, an organization that commends the success of no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. She said in the release that she eagerly awaits the chance to take on this new position.

“I look forward to working as a part of President Cervelli’s leadership team to help advance the mission of Saint Mary’s College,” Brisco said. “It’s been a privilege to serve Mayor Buttigieg and the residents of South Bend. Today, South Bend is stronger than it’s ever been. I am truly honored to have played a part in that.”

About Observer Staff Report

Contact Observer Staff Report