Notre Dame, Arkansas schedule two-game series

Notre Dame and Arkansas will share a field for the first time in 2020, as the Irish announced a two-game, home-and-home series with the Razorbacks on Thursday in a press release.

Arkansas is one of four SEC programs the Irish have yet to meet on the field, with Auburn, Kentucky and Mississippi State being the others. But that will change come Sept. 12, 2020, when the Razorbacks travel north to take on the Irish at Notre Dame Stadium in the first of the two-game series.

Sophomore wide receiver Kevin Stepherson cuts upfield after catching a pass during Notre Dame’s 30-27 win over Miami on Oct. 29.

“Whenever we have an opponent come to Notre Dame Stadium for the first time, there’s another layer of interest in the game,” Notre Dame director of athletics Jack Swarbrick said in the release. “The same is true for our program and fans when we play away from home at a first-time venue.”

The second game of the home-and-home series is scheduled to take place on Oct. 4, 2025, at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

“This two-game series will provide our program with another opportunity to play a top-caliber foe from the Southeastern Conference,” Irish head coach Brian Kelly said in the release. “[Arkansas head coach Bret] Bielema is a tremendous coach, and his teams have always played a physical style of football. I know our team and fans will be excited to play the Razorbacks.”