-

-

Football

Notre Dame announces two-game series with Wisconsin

| Monday, August 14, 2017

The Irish added a pair of games versus a Big-10 opponent Monday, as Notre Dame announced a two-game, neutral-site series with Wisconsin. The first game will take place Oct. 3, 2020, at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and then the two teams will travel to Chicago on Sept. 25, 2021, where they will meet at Soldier Field.

Former Irish linebacker Manti Teo points his finger during Notre Dame's 41-3 victory over Miami at Soldier Field in 2012.Observer File Photo

Former Irish linebacker Manti Te’o directs the defense during Notre Dame’s 41-3 victory over Miami at Soldier Field in 2012, the last time the Irish played at the home of the NFL’s Chicago Bears.

The Irish are 8-6-2 all-time against the Badgers, but the last time the two teams met was in 1964, when Notre Dame walked away with a 31-7 victory.

Notre Dame has never played a game at Lambeau Field — the home field of the NFL’s Green Bay Packers — but has strong ties to the area as Curly Lambeau, the founder of the Packers, played football for Notre Dame in 1918.

The Irish played their 2012 Shamrock Series matchup at Soldier Field, beating Miami 41-3 en route to a perfect regular season and trip to the BCS championship game.

The Badgers were more recently in Lambeau in a game against LSU in 2016, winning 16-14.

The announcement for the series took place at the Under Armour store in Chicago. According to the South Bend Tribune, Notre Dame director of athletics Jack Swarbrick stated that both games will be designated as Shamrock Series games.