Mazurek: It's Trubisky time

A few weeks ago, a fellow columnist — Michael Ivey — wrote a piece detailing why the Chicago Bears will continue to dwell in the bottom of the NFL standings, with no hope of improvement in sight.

Now, I know Ivey is a Bears fan, as am I, and it’s clear his view of the team is one of despair.

But I choose to remain a Bears fan with hope, with optimism. And I have just one thing to say to despairing Bears fans and Bears haters alike:

Makes good decisions, since it’s impossible to make worse ones than Mike Glennon.

Inexperienced, but that’s good because it means he’s not part of the football establishment.

Tremendous arm strength.

Courageous, since he wasn’t afraid to forego his education to make millions of dollars in the NFL.

Hair game is on point. I mean it’s just a classic short crop, but it looks sharp.

Ego — he doesn’t have one yet, because he hasn’t played.

Loves the game of football … or at least, I assume he does since he plays in the NFL.

Learns fast, which at a school with the academic rigor of North Carolina is impressive.

Technique that made one NFL scout say he, “projects as a good starting quarterback.”

Rookie, but he’ll look like a seasoned veteran come Monday night.

University of North Carolina is where he went to school, and that’s a big football school.

Born with a name other than “Jay Cutler,” which counts for a lot.

Interceptions, he hasn’t thrown any yet. Even Tom Brady has thrown an interception.

Southern charm that will go a long way in winning over his teammates and coaches.

Kicking — he could probably make an extra point if he needed to.

You will be impressed by his game.

It’s honestly shocking to me that any Bears fan could feel blue about the future of the team, with such a gifted athlete at the quarterback slot.

And even though the team has made no visible improvements to the wide receivers, tight ends, running backs or offensive line, none of that matters, because it’s all about Trubisky.

The only reason he didn’t start right away was because he just had to learn the offensive scheme, and the speed of the NFL game, and the scouting reports and tendencies of each defense he’ll play during the season, and how to handle himself in the locker room and how to live on his own in a major U.S. city. Just really minor things like that.

So when the Bears win the Super Bowl, I hope Bears fans everywhere remember how foolish they were to doubt the organization. 1-3 is exactly where the Bears wanted to be at this point in the season in order to cultivate the underdog mentality that has proven successful.

So, Mr. Ivey, I respect your opinion, but be prepared to have your mind blown.