-

-

Football

Kevin Stepherson arrested in Whitley County

| Sunday, January 28, 2018

Former Irish wide receiver Kevin Stepherson was arrested Friday for possession of marijuana, hash and possession of paraphernalia in Whitley County, according to Irish Sports Daily who first reported the news.

The arrest is Stepherson’s fourth arrest in a fourth different Indiana county since his first arrest in August 2016 in Fulton County.

Following the arrest in Fulton County, Stepherson was placed on probation, but was pulled over on Dec. 14 for speeding, driving without a license and possession of marijuana in Marshall County. The next day, the Jacksonville, Florida, native was arrested for shoplifting from the University Park Mall in Mishawaka, according to a WNDU report.

Emma Farnan | The Observer

Former Irish wide receiver Kevin Stepherson celebrates a play during Notre Dame’s 44-6 win over Army on Nov. 12, 2016.

Stepherson was indefinitely suspended from the Notre Dame football team by head coach Brian Kelly on Dec. 20 and did not play in the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1.

On Jan. 17, Kelly dismissed Stepherson from the team, along with three other players.

Stepherson finished third on the team in receiving yards in 2017 and first in receiving touchdowns.