Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Saint Mary’s to launch ‘College Assembly’ series

The first College Assembly will take place Friday from 3–4 p.m. in Carroll Auditorium of Madeleva Hall, according to an email President Jan Cervelli sent to the Saint Mary’s community on Tuesday.

Cervelli said in the email the gathering will serve as a comfortable atmosphere in which attendees can vocalize their opinions about and suggestions for the College.

“During the spring semester, the Assemblies will offer an opportunity for faculty, students and staff to discuss strategic priorities and policies in a forum that encourages the sharing of information and exchange of ideas,” she said.

This assembly will be the first installment of a series Cervelli said she hopes will continue throughout the semester.

“Ongoing conversations with all members of the campus community are essential to the strategic planning process that will shape Saint Mary’s future,” Cervelli said. “I encourage everyone to participate in this effort to build on the College’s foundation of excellence to ensure that we strengthen it for the future.”

An itinerary attached to the all-school email states that vice president of enrollment management Mona Bowe and vice president for Student Affairs Karen Johnson will deliver an “enrollment update.” Senior vice president of Academic Affairs and recently-inducted Provost Nancy Nekvasil will lead a discussion about the future of Saint Mary’s study abroad programs and then examine the functionality of the Cushwa-Leighton Library.

Cervelli will then address the benefits of shared governance and take questions from the audience. An informal reception will follow the event.