Sunday, May 12, 2024

University announces next vice president of new business development

Scott Ford, an executive vice president for Bradley Company of South Bend, will be the next associate vice president of new business development at Notre Dame, according to a University press release published Jan. 25.

Ford, a Notre Dame alumnus, will work with several University departments — such as Notre Dame Research, the IDEA Center, University Relations and the Office of Public Affairs and Communications — to promote economic development benefiting both Notre Dame and the broader South Bend community, the release said.

According to the press release, Ford will take over the position from Jack Curran, the first person to hold it.

“Jack brought a broad set of skills in strategic planning and business development, as well as extensive experience in identifying and creating business opportunities that foster growth,” executive vice president John Affleck-Graves said in the press release. “Scott will build on the progress that Jack made.

“Scott brings a deep understanding and knowledge of Notre Dame and our greater community. His experience in the public and private sectors will be vital to Notre Dame’s continuing efforts to spur regional growth.”

In addition to his time at Bradley Company, Ford has also previously served as the executive director of community investment in South Bend city government, the press release said. During his tenure, he restructured the city’s economic development strategies, resulting in “nearly 2,600 new announced jobs and $440 million in new private investment to the city,” according to the release.

Ford said he is excited to work with the University to expand economic opportunities in South Bend and bring new resources and ideas to the broader community.

“The University of Notre Dame is a dynamic engine for our economy,” Ford said in the press release. “And yet there exists further untapped potential to connect the talent, ideas and resources on campus with those in the community to expand economic opportunities and improve the quality of life across the region.

“I am grateful for this tremendous opportunity to join the University in its ongoing efforts and leadership in the region.”

Ford graduated from Notre Dame with a master’s degree in architecture after earning a bachelor’s degree in government with a concentration in philosophy, politics and economics, the release said. It also said he also left the University of Cambridge with a master’s degree in planning, growth and regeneration.

According to the release, Ford is an active member in the South Bend community, serving on the board of the St. Joe Valley Metronet, enFocus and Downtown South Bend, in addition to formerly serving on the boards of the South Bend Urban Enterprise Association, Community Home Buyers Association, Economic Development Commission and the Industrial Revolving Loan Fund.