Irish to wrap up regular season at Ohio State

No. 21 Notre Dame will wrap up the regular season this coming weekend, as the Irish are set to compete in the Ohio State Winter Invitational. With the ACC championship on the horizon, set to begin next Wednesday, Notre Dame will keep those athletes who have been selected for the conference championship in their respective events on campus while the remaining team members will travel to Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday.

The diving and women’s ACC championship begins in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Feb. 14 continuing through Feb. 17. Just four days later, teams will once again descend upon Greensboro for the men’s competition.

In Columbus, the Irish are set to face off against 11 teams, including a number of ranked opponents such as No. 18 Ohio State, No. 33 Kentucky and No. 44 Purdue. The last time Notre Dame competed at Ohio State this past fall, the Irish finished with over 20 B-cut times, with freshmen Zach Yeadon and Lindsay Stone both setting records in the 1,650 freestyle. Yeadon in particular has had a strong year, winning the latest ACC men's swimmer of the week award, his second of the season.

Besides Yeadon, Notre Dame ended up sweeping the individual ACC awards last week, with sophomore Abbie Dolan winning ACC women's swimmer of the week and senior Joe Cuomos being named ACC men’s diver of the week.