SMC Library holds sexuality issues exhibit

Saint Mary's Cushwa-Leighton Library is currently holding an exhibit featuring books that examine human sexuality issues: "Exploring Sexuality: Queer Identities in the Community." The exhibit, located in the library atrium, was launched last week in support of National Coming Out Week and is sponsored by P.I.n.S. (People In Support), along with the College's Office of Multicultural Affairs, the Center for Women's Intercultural Leadership and the Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, and Women's Studies Departments. It is part of a week-long series of events that took place earlier this month dealing with sexuality issues."This is a chance to help people read more about sexuality issues and educate themselves about some of them," exhibit organizer Bob Hall said. Hall also said the exhibit goes hand in hand with a year-long "Identity" exploration that is taking place throughout the College and in many of the classrooms. "The exhibit raises awareness about an issue that is often ignored on this campus. I think it is very beneficial to look at the different types of literature on the issue of sexuality and raise people's awareness on these types of issues," junior Lisa Walton said.The exhibit will run through the end of this month.