Campus Life Council: Group plans letter on senior privileges

The Campus Life Council tied up loose ends during its last meeting of the fall semester and the final one presided over by Student Body President Pat Hallahan. When the council reconvenes in January, Jeremy Lao, current student body vice president, will oversee the organization.

"I think we did a decent amount of stuff this semester," Hallahan said to the CLC. "We're making progress in a lot of areas. Keep up the good work."

Lao promised to work with members to maintain the momentum started by Hallahan.

"I really look forward to working with everyone next semester," he said.

During Monday's meeting, the council also discussed the work of the senior privileges task force. Members agreed to draft and send a letter to Father Mark Poorman, vice president of Student Affairs, outlining the research done so far on the feasibility of reserved parking for on-campus seniors without taking a position on the option.

"I hate to see the work that this task force has done just sort of die," said Heather Rakoczy, rector of Pangborn Hall and a member of CLC, regarding the decision to forward the information.

The senior privileges task force also informed the CLC that it is continuing to work on the possibility of having a weekly senior night at Legends during one of the establishment's slower days. While the event would be advertised to seniors, Legends would remain open to the general public during the proposed event.

"We're continuing to get more senior leaders involved with the discussion," said Elliot Poindexter, Judicial Council president and a member of the CLC.

In general, members responded positively to the idea.

"When someone spends millions of dollars for the Notre Dame community [for building Legends] we should always be thinking of ways to use it," Hallahan said.