Members approve Chin as VP

At its first meeting of the semester Wednesday night, the Student Senate unanimously approved Emily Chin as the new student body vice president. In his letter to the Senate nominating Chin, student body president Jeremy Lao, who took over the position upon the early graduation of former president Pat Hallahan in December, said that he has "100 percent confidence that she will do an excellent job next semester as student body vice president."Chin will now assume her duties as vice president, which include presiding over the meetings of the Senate.In response to her approval, Chin said, "I am very excited, and I'm looking forward to utilizing Senate's potential and making it more of a voice for the students."To replace her as chief of staff, Chin nominated Pat Corker, director of communications for the Office of the President. Corker was also approved unanimously by the Senate.Furthermore, senators also approved the 2004 "The Shirt" president, sophomore Katie Crossin. Last year's "The Shirt" president Dave Brenner nominated Crossin in a letter to the Senate saying "she possesses the enthusiasm, knowledge and forward thinking necessary to confront challenges and achieve goals. She will be able to take The Shirt Project to the next level."Crossin attended the meeting to introduce herself to Senators and said she felt prepared to take on the challenges of the project. When asked if she had any changes to the project under consideration, Crossin said, "There will be changes to the project - there are changes every year." Specifically, she mentioned a possible addition to The Shirt's distribution process, saying they may also be available through the residence halls next fall.