Members receive feedback from constituents

Constituent feedback and announcements tying up loose ends were the foci of Wednesday's brief meeting of the Student Senate.Chief of staff Patrick Corker reported that Alcohol Awareness Week was successful thus far. The 750 Saint Patrick's Day T-shirts bearing the Sergeant McCarthy saying "You will get the best mileage if you don't drive half tanked" were all given out in under five minutes. Tuesday night's presentation on college drinking by David Hellstrom was well-attended. "Monday's drunk driving simulator was a huge success - there was even a blurb on it on the Fox 28 News. That was just the beginning of what's turning out to be a really great week," said Corker.Student government will distribute free Coca-Cola products outside of DeBartolo Thursday, and will give away 1,000 cups at the Fieldhouse Mall Friday. Student body vice president Emily Chin requested feedback from the senators as to which bands and speakers their constituents would like a concert endowment to bring to campus. Suggestions included all genres of music, from Bruce Springsteen, Journey and the Dave Matthews Band, to O.A.R, Better Than Ezra and the Dropkick Murphys. Howard senator Brin Anderson said that the girls in her dorms would be interested in bringing a strong female figure in to speak on campus as well as a band, and Cavanaugh senator Jordan Bongiovanni reported that her constituents were focused on the feasibility of getting a group like U2 or the Counting Crows. In other announcements, senators were reminded to submit nominations for the Michael J. Palumbo Award, the Frank O'Malley Undergraduate Teaching Award and the Irish Clover Award. Chin also emphasized that senators for the 2004-05 term must be elected by Friday.