Belles split with league foe Albion

Coming off their sweep of Tri-State, the Belles split league games with Albion Wednesday, dropping the first game 4-3 before bouncing back with a 1-0 win in the second half of the doubleheader.In the first game, Albion took the lead after three scoreless innings with a run in the bottom of the fourth on an RBI groundout by Sarah Caskey. Saint Mary's responded with a run in the top of the fifth on an Erin Sullivan RBI single, but Albion retook the lead with two runs in the bottom of the inning.The Belles once again tied the score at three in the top of the sixth inning thanks to a wild pitch and a walk. Albion responded in the bottom of the sixth, however, this time taking the lead for good.Kate Sajewich threw six solid innings for the Belles, giving up one earned run on seven hits and striking out three batters. The Belles committed three errors in the game, which proved to be the difference.In the second game, the two teams played six scoreless innings before Saint Mary's broke the tie in the bottom of the seventh with an RBI double by Sullivan with runners on first and second. Sullivan was 2-for-4 in the game with the RBI. Laura Heline went 2-for-3 with a run scored. "She had just lined a shot foul down the right field line, and [the pitcher came right back] with a fastball and Erin just crushed it to the fence," coach Anna Welsh said. "[The hit was] definitely very clutch for us."Libby Wilhemly pitched well for the Belles, giving up four hits in seven scoreless innings, striking out two and walking one. "She threw very well," Welsh said. "[Our] pitching is ready for conference play. We have to give our pitchers some runs."