SGA fills chief of staff post

The Student Government Association chief of staff and the student member of the Board of Trustees positions were filled this week, according to Saint Mary's student government. Freshman Susan McIlduff will serve as the student government association chief of staff, a position created during Eliz-abeth Jablonski-Diehl and Sarah Brown's presidential term, according to current student body president Sarah Catherine White. Additionally, Brown will serve as the student trustee."Basically, Susan will serve as a liaison between all of the branches of BOG and the executive board," White said. "The position requires attending a variety of meetings, keeping track of schedules, relaying information and providing us and others a contact for information."McIlduff previously served as the BOG public relations commissioner."It was a really positive experience for me," McIlduff said of her past position. "I think it's prepared me well for the job at hand."McIlduff was appointed to the position by White and student body vice president Mary Pauline Moran. "Susan came very highly recommended from Elizabeth," White said. "She's positive, diligent and hard-working. We can already tell that she's here to get the job done. Everyone around her picks up on her enthusiasm, so I think this will be a good fit."Along with the physical changes taking place throughout campus, both McIlduff and White said the new position will only make Saint Mary's a better place."With the new student center, the new apartments and the new president coming in, we've fed off that energy of newness on campus," said White. "We're getting ready to embrace change, and this position is part of that. It's going to cut down on communication barriers we sometimes run into." McIlduff officially started in the position April 1. Brown's term on the Board of Trustees begins at the end of June during the annual Board of Trustees retreat."I'm really honored to have been chosen for this position," Brown said. "It's very exciting to be at a school where the board even allows a student on it, as a voting member."Brown said her position will involve not only representing the students, but the College as a whole."It's going to be my job to serve the entire college including students, staff and faculty," Brown said. "It's going to be important for me to keep a broad perspective, in order for me to be objective and take the college in the right direction for the future."Brown was one of seven applicants that applied for the position. She said that she is looking forward to beginning her new role in BOG."I'm just really excited," she said. "It's a good opportunity, and a good way for me to look back on the past three years to see where we have gone, and where we are going."The campus food commissioner remains the only positions the Board of Governance has yet to fill.