Students discuss budget cuts

Saint Mary's Board of Governance met Monday to discuss a variety of issues including expected cuts to the College's overall budget. Treasurer Molly Welton told the board the budget cuts would be higher than previously anticipated. "The budget is way down, and cuts may cause each board to loose anywhere from a couple hundred to $1,000," she said.Welton noted that final numbers would be available at next week's meeting.Student Activities Board president Lauren Fabina thanked the board for its help with Thursday's Twilight Tailgate and Blessid Union of Souls concert. "Everyone had a smile on their face and was having tons of fun," Fabina said. Elections commissioner Anna Bauer also told board members seven tickets would be running for freshman class officers. "There was a really good turnout at last week's information session," said Bauer said. Student body president Sarah Catherine White reported to the board that Sunday night was the first "Dessert with Dr. Mooney" at Holy Cross. White said she was pleased with the turnout and thought that new College President Carol Ann Mooney enjoyed the event. After the meeting the board went to its retreat to talk about its goals for the College during the upcoming school year.