Brooks and Dunn do it again

Picking up where they left off in 1998, Brooks and Dunn's "The Greatest Hits Collection, Vol. 2" oozes chart-topping hits. With many records under its cowboy hats, this dynamic duo knows exactly what to do to satisfy its fans and pick some new ones up along the way. Consistently at the top of their game, Leon "Kix" Brooks and Ronnie Dunn have created a style of music now referred to as "New Traditionalist Country." Still maintaining its honky-tonk image, the vocal duo has effectively added the influences of pop and rock, and pushed its fan base beyond the limits of country enthusiasts. "The Greatest Hits Collection, Vol. 2" is basically a guaranteed favorite for Brooks and Dunn fans, since it includes all of the duo's most recent radio frontrunners. The reminiscent and romantic songs, "Red Dirt Road," and "My Heart is Lost to you," are two of the more mellow ballads the duo have chosen to present. Also brought in are foot tapping songs "You Can't Take the Honky-Tonk" and "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You." Naturally the hit "Only in America" is included, with lyrics that shout, "Only in America / Dreaming in red, white and blue / Only in America / Where we dream as big as we want to / We all get a chance / Everybody gets to dance." It was an uplifting patriotic broadcast following the September 11 terrorist attacks. Along with previously released favorites, three new songs are also thrown into the mix. "That's What its All About," has already reached air waves, and made its way all the way up to the No. 1 spot on the "Hot Country Singles" Billboard chart. The song must be a parental favorite with lyrics that include, "Well, they won't go to bed / or do what you said or eat their food / They cry and they fuzz and you can't / even cuss 'cause they'll say it, too / You're tired and you're numb / and you're stressed and you're mad / and she smiles and says 'I love you, Dad." The other new tracks are "Independent Trucker," and "A Man This Lonely." Both are excellent additions to the ever popular collection.The group has come a long way since the release of its debut album "Brand New Moon," which propelled it to almost instantaneous fame. The song "Boot Scootin' Boogie," from the album is considered a country music classic. With Dunn leading vocals, and Brooks working the guitar, the vivacious twosome has established a hefty collection of awards and accolades. This year marks the 10th year Brooks and Dunn has taken home the much-esteemed "Vocal Duet of the Year" Country Music Award. The two have also received the "Top Vocal Duet" American Country Music Award for a total of seven years.Their compilation of smash hit records and animated songs are no doubt proof this record will be hanging out at the top of the Billboards charts for a reasonably long time. Finishing up its third week on the charts since its Oct. 19 release, "The Greatest Hits Collection, Vol. 2," comes in at an impressive No. 6 position. New listeners and long-time fanatics alike can easily enjoy this CD, which is jam-packed with the group's best hits since 1998.