Irish postpone Spartans due to player sickness

The Irish are sick. And for once, that's not referring to their skills on the field. Today's game against Michigan State, the regular season finale, was canceled due to a stomach virus that has put most of the team out of commission."More than half the team was in the infirmary today with ... some type of stomach bug," coach Bobby Clark said. "I just don't think there would be enough players to play the game."The Spartans have tentatively rescheduled the game for Wednesday, but Clark said the situation depends on the health of the players."We'll talk to Michigan State, we'll reappraise the situation [this] morning once we see exactly what's there," Clark said. "I'll listen to the medical staff at Notre Dame [Health Services] and decide whether it makes sense to play the game on Wednesday or if there are any other options."Practice was cancelled Monday because of the state of the team's health."It was a decision throughout the day," Clark said. "It got worse and worse with more and more people going down, and it just didn't make any sense [to play the game]. I don't think we'd have enough players to get a team together. Something obviously went through the whole team."On a more positive note, forward John Moushino - who scored the insurance goal in Saturday's 2-0 win over Connecticut - was named co-Big East Player of the Week, the first conference accolade for the freshman.