Keenan, Siegfried to battle

The Juggerknotts (3-2) enter Sunday's contest after upsetting No. 2 Carroll while the Dawgs (3-1-1) are coming off a nail-biting upset of their own.The Dawgs are taking their quest for the Stadium one game at a time. Led by captain AJ Remen, Alumni recognizes that it is about to face a quality opponent. "Knott is a good team, and they obviously beat some good teams to get here," Remen said.However, Remen remains confident that if his squad sticks with its style of football and play like it has all season, the Dawgs will prevail. Alumni has a very adjustable defense, switching from 4-3 to 4-4 to 5-3.Its offense strives to be balanced as it runs out of the I-form. Remen believes that the performance of his line will be crucial."Our linemen are going to be the key to the game, as they are for every game," Remen said. "When our linemen perform, our team responds positively and come up with big plays."The Juggs are captained by fifth-year senior Drew "Mel" Donovan. They have been running a 4-4 for most of the season, but have been working on some three-linebacker sets. Similar to their opponents, they usually run their offense out of variations of the I-formation. According to halfback John Lyons, to be successful Knott needs to get the running game going."I definitely need to step up," Lyons said.In addition, the Juggerknotts need to protect the ball and not turn it over so the whole team needs to be up for this game. Knott has had a good week of practice and is feeling confident going into the game.The showdown between former underdogs is slated to take place Sunday at 2 on the Stepan fields. The semi-final matchup between #6 Alumni and #7 Knott will be their first meeting of the season and looks to be a good one.