Knott, Alumni meet in semifinal matchup

The Knights and the Ramblers are all set for a no-holds-barred power matchup this Sunday.Having finished the regular season undefeated, it is no surprise that Keenan has made it this far. Siegfried, however, has turned a few heads with its performance in the playoffs so far. At the end of regular season, the Ramblers were No. 5. Both teams are very confident in the ability of their defenses. Thus, Sunday's semifinal game should be a riveting matchup between equal opponents."We are two very evenly matched teams," Keenan captain Patrick Downey said. "We know a semblance of what they can do, but we know that all we can do is play our game. As long as we do that, we'll be fine."Keenan's team, as a whole, has depended upon the performance of its defense throughout the season."We've ridden their backs the whole time," Downey said. "As for offense, we need enough plays to win and I know that we'll get them."Stanford finished the regular season with a record of 3-1-but records and regular season standings to matter during playoffs. The Rambler's are coming from a fifth place ranking to face the No. 1 team-the only team that stands between them and stadium glory. "This is our biggest game of the season," Siegfried captain John Hughes said. "Keenan has been playing very well, but we're going to go out there with a lot of heart and win the game. We are ready to come out and play." The Rambler's defense has also done very well this season, stopping both the passing and running games to shut other teams down. "We need to offer a strong balanced attack at the game," Hughes said. "We played well all season and that was awesome. Now we are ready for the next step."But Keenan was in this exact same position last year and lost-giving them motivation and a burning desire to move past last year. "No one on our team has made it to the stadium," Downey said. "This is a new experience for all of us and it's a motivation for us too."