Pray for the Ebersol family

As many of you may have heard, one of your classmates and my roommate, Charlie Ebersol, and members of his family were involved in a tragic plane crash on Sunday morning after Thanksgiving. I can not begin to fathom what Charlie must be going through right now. The past 48 hours have been indescribably surreal. This horrific experience has reminded me about the unpredictability of all of our lives. I request, from the bottom of my heart, that you pray for him and his family as they attempt to recover and seek closure during this crisis. Whether you acknowledge it or not, Charlie has constantly made efforts to improve the quality of our Notre Dame undergraduate experience. From countless hours dedicated to student government and SUB-sponsored events, Charlie has created student unity and promoted school spirit. Having lived with him for the past four years, I can assure you that few students, if any, have demonstrated a similar commitment to making Notre Dame a better place. His level of compassion, motivation and maturity is a rarity among people. Many individuals have not bothered to personally know Charlie; instead, they opt to base his character on rumors, unqualified opinions or assumptions. However, those who truly know him will agree that he is one of the most selfless and kindhearted people you will ever meet. I know for a fact, regardless of affiliation or impression, he would undoubtedly pray for any of you in this unimaginable situation. Please abandon any preconceived notions and reflect on the magnitude of his loss. Charlie, not only a roommate but one of my best friends, is like a brother to me. As part of the Notre Dame family, please keep the Ebersols in your thoughts and prayers.

Austin Chensenioroff-campusNov. 29