Keenan Revue: all in good fun

I have always been told to stick to the advice that "until you try something, you cannot judge it."

For example, to me, this means I cannot say I hate sushi because I have never tried it. To judge something based on outer appearances or hearsay is not a judgment at all. This being said, I do not understand how Paul Kellner and Maureen Ritchey think they can criticize and ridicule the Keenan Revue.

I knew that upon attending the Revue, I would need to go with an open mind and understand that this event takes place in a fun, entertaining environment, and is not to be taken seriously in any way. I was looking forward to the jokes about the "more experienced" Saint Mary's students as well as the sexual preference of Zahm's residents, knowing these are simply jokes. Being able to laugh at yourself and others makes life a lot easier, and I thought the Keenan Revue was a nice break from the busy week I had just finished.

Although I agree that some of the skits included repulsing, gross and crude material, I am sure none of the contents of the Revue were present to offend anyone. I enjoyed the Keenan Revue and thought everyone involved in the production did a wonderful job in accomplishing what they set out to do, make people laugh. So, in conclusion, congratulations to the Keenan Knights on a job well done!

Caitlin Fitzpatrick

sophomore

McCandless Hall

Feb. 8