SUB, administration nominees approved

The Council of Represen-tatives met briefly Monday night to approve two nominations for the upcoming school year. The Council approved Jimmy Flaherty's nomination for Student Union Board Manager. This will be his second year in the position. Student body president-elect Dave Baron told representatives that Flaherty will continue to bring new energy into SUB."We want Jimmy to take over as manager once again. He has a freshness with what he wants to do. He's going to make SUB a brand name across campus," Baron said.COR also approved Liz Kozlow as Chief Executive Assistant to Baron's upcoming administration. Kozlow, who served as chairperson of the Oversight Committee on the Student Senate, will begin her new position April 1.Baron offered praise of Kozlow's character and assured representatives that she will go above and beyond expectations."Liz is a good-natured, friendly person. I feel like I know the qualities needed to be a solid CEA, and Liz has got them," Baron said, referring to his own experience as this year's CEA for current student body president and vice president Adam Istvan and Karla Bell.

In other COR news:u Assistant director of the Student Activities Office Peggy Hnatusko announced that her office is seeking nominations for Student Leadership Awards. "This is a big honor. If you are selected it means you are in the top 1 percent of student leaders," she said. The deadline for Student Leadership Awards applications is March 16.