Whild Peach and Stroke 9 to perform this weekend

St. Patrick's Day has come and gone and many students are looking for something to fill up the rest of their weekend. Notre Dame, Saint Mary's and Holy Cross students need look no further than the club side of Legends on Friday and Saturday night, as an exciting lineup of entertainment is set for this weekend. Tonight Legends will feature a band called Whild Peach. While most people may think they have never been exposed this band, anyone who has ever watched Outkast perform has already seen Whild Peach in action. The band performs their own brand of what it calls "Slunky" music. Hip-hop would not be possible without the instrumental work of a band like Whild Peaches behind the rappers. In the last 10 years, Whild Peach has worked on projects with various musicians, including Sleepy Brown, Goodie Mob and Joi. It has also been featured on "The Scooby Doo Soundtrack" and "The Ali Movie Soundtrack." Most recently, it has worked with Outkast since its second record. According to their press information, "Outkast and Whild Peach formed a relationship that included co-writing, lending a hand on vocals and instrumentation and eventually manifested itself as Whild Peach becoming the backup band on the groups tours." Whild Peach will be performing some of their original works as well as all the songs it performed on Outkast albums including "Ms. Jackson," "So Fresh, So Clean," "Hey Ya" and "The Way You Move" tonight at Legends at 10 p.m. The mood of Legends will be very different on Friday than on Saturday night, but the quality of the acts will be just as good. Stroke 9, a rock band originally from Northern California, will be rocking Legends on Saturday. The band is currently a rock group with three members. What began as a class project for academic credit quickly became the basis for Stroke 9 in the fall of 1990. Saturday night's show will be one of the first promoting the group's latest album, "All In." The history of the band members is a bit complicated, but began with Luke Esterkyn, the lead guitarist, when he started Stroke 9 for his senior thesis for academic credit in California. Soon following that John McDermott joined Stroke 9 as the guitar player. The band continued to develop as Eric Stock joined the band on drums in 1997, Gueldner moved to bass and the band took on the shape it continues today. Stroke 9 has released three albums entitle "Boy Meets Girl," "Bumper to Bumper" and "Nasty Little Thought," which went gold in 2000. Stroke 9 unquestionably has experience and will certainly rock the crowd at Legends. Both Whild Peach and Stroke 9 are well known bands and promise high-quality performances this weekend. Both shows start at 10 p.m. and are open to all Notre Dame, Saint Mary's and Holy Cross students.