You can be Latin too

Its not about you not being Latin, its how you express it.Perfect words to describe Latin Expressions. Never heard of it? Well, I'm glad you asked. Each year, during Spring Vis Weekend, a show is put on that highlights the many talents that can be found on this campus. If you are wondering if this is a shameless plug, then you would be correct. I can't help it though, I happen to be in the show.But first, Latin Expressions allows people to show their Latin side. From the music to the language, everything in the show is distinctly Latin. And it ranges from all of Latin America, and Spain too, the origin of the culture that dominates south of the US border, and heck, many parts of this country too. You will love the thing that is Latin Expressions. I haven't meet one person yet who has not been satisfied with the show. Not only Latinos perform in the show, as you will see when you go check out the show. With prospective students coming to see the show, the university also shows a side of itself that sometimes isn't clearly seen. That of the diversity that does exist here. I used to believe that the minority students were only that, a minority that didn't do much at all. I believed that all the way up until last year's show. I realized that there is so much for minority students, in clubs and organizations, in activities that go on and in celebrations that are thrown. That is the beauty of this show. No matter what your background is, you can perform in the show. The only thing is that it has to be Latin in some way. I know a few non-latin people who can shake their "bon-bon." The best part of all of these things are that everyone is welcome. Having said that, I'm glad I'm a part of the minority students body here, but that doesn't mean if you aren't a minority, you can't be a part of these things. Evidence of this is in Latin Expressions and in the Fashion Show that is the night after. And it also doesn't mean that you can't go to the show. Come see traditional Mexican dancing, music from different artists throughout Latin America, traditional Spanish dancing, modern dancing to Latin music, original poems written by our peers and a closing act that will blow you away.So remember, April 1, 7 p.m., Palais Royale, downtown South Bend.That night, everyone is a Latino.