FOOTBALL RECRUITING: Star quarterback commits to Weis

Zach Frazer, a junior quarterback from Mechanicsburg, Pa., became the third commitment of Notre Dame's recruiting class of 2010 Thursday. "He's a big strong guy," Mike Frank of Irisheyes.com said. "I don't know if the recruiting gurus will have Frazer as a top five quarterback. I'm not exactly sure where he's going to rank. But I think that [Notre Dame quarterback coach] David Cutcliffe and [head coach] Charlie Weis have far more experience evaluating talent than the recruiting gurus." Frazer joins running back Munir Prince and wide receiver Barry Gallup in Weis' first full recruiting class.Frazer, a junior at Mechanics-burg Area High School, was on campus for his second visit to Notre Dame this week. According to IrishEyes.com, he met with Weis on Thursday and gave a verbal commitment to the Irish."He's a true pocket passer and makes a lot of plays down the field," Frank said. In his junior year, Frazer set a new state record for single-season passing yards. He was named Associated Press Class AAA Player of the Year, as well as the Mid-Penn Keystone Conference MVP. He was also named to the first-team Associated Press AAA All-State team. This year, he completed 285 of 440 passes and racked up 3,684 yards with 27 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He also rushed for 12 touchdowns.Frazer also had offers from Penn State, North Carolina State, Georgia Tech, Purdue and Syracuse.