Wherever life takes you...

My experience in life has taught me several life lessons to live by. With the new arrival of spring, and season of change and beginning of new life, we all realize the imminence of new situations and change in our own lives. I urge you to reflect on these lessons.

The people around you, whether it's friends, family or classmates, are what give life and its journey meaning. They make the journey worth it. People enrich experiences that you couldn't experience by yourself. Great friends help you take life where you couldn't go alone.

Life could take you on a smooth ride or a rough one, across the sea, close to home or six feet under. You just don't know where it will take you. So just work hard on what you can control and don't worry about what you can't. The fact that you don't know where you will be down the road is why you need to enjoy everything you can now, no regrets.

Regrets are a void that can't be filled. It could be not trying to talk to that attractive person sitting next to you in class, or not taking advantage of an opportunity because of the fear of failure. Don't let life pass you by.

We also get so wrapped up in our goals trying to get to where we want to be that we don't get to enjoy the trip and before you know it, game over. What if your plans or goals didn't turn out how you wanted them to?

Enjoy the simple pleasures of life, the smell of freshly cut grass, walks, the sun on your face, holding hands, or a simple smile from someone. We need to stop and enjoy these types of gifts that God has given us that are overlooked everyday. You'll miss those simple things when they're gone.

Learn not to dwell on the past, learn from it, and then let it go. You can't move forward in life until you have. When you are dwelling on something you are missing everything that is going on right in front of you. Life is calling you forward. Keep your head up and keep moving.

Wherever life takes you remember that it's not what you do or how much money you make but who you are and what you stand for. It's about the people you spend time with and great opportunities like meeting someone in the laundry room, that is now a great friend, or the simple pleasures like getting excited because someone has the same area code as you.

Enjoy as much as you can, think positively, and smile throughout life.