Interhall Football: Lyons looks for upset over Cavanaugh tonight

Tonight at Rihele fields at 7 p.m., the Cavanaugh Chaos (4-0) will hope to continue their winning ways against the Lyons Lions (1-3), who hope to finish the season with an upset.

For the Chaos, last week's win over the Wild Women of Walsh nearly cemented their dominance over the Women's Blue League, as the Chaos were left as the only undefeated team left in the women's division.

Cavanaugh proved their dominance on Sunday by shutting out Walsh in a rematch of last year's championship.

Cavanaugh has still not surrendered a point to their opponents this year and has not lost in the past two seasons.

In addition to being dominant on defense, the Chaos offense has provided enough points each game to ensure the win for Cavanaugh.

On both sides of the football, Cavanaugh has made few mistakes, either mentally or physically, and has been overpowering at times.

The main goal for the Chaos this week has to be to remember that the season is not over yet.

Mental mistakes near the end of the season could prove disastrous for the Chaos, as an aggressive Lyons team needs every chance it can against the dominant Chaos.

If Lyons hopes to win, they will have to somehow contain quarterback Lisa Ruffer, who has the ability to beat defenses with her arm or her legs.

Ruffer has consistently thrown the ball well and has also run the option and quarterback draws to near perfection.

Lyons needs to somehow return to their level of play at the beginning of the year, when they recorded their one win.

"We had a lot of young talent earlier in the year," said Lions quarterback Kim Murphy. "It just didn't come together in the end."

For this game, Lyons has worked to get back to the basics, including getting quarterbacks and receivers more in tune with each other, so that they can improve for next year.

"We know that we can play well, it's just tough against teams like Walsh [who Lyons played in their last game] and Cavanaugh," Murphy said.