INTERHALL FOOTBALL: O'Neill, 'Roos ready for Mod Quad battle

Sunday's game between O'Neill and Keough holds major playoff implications for the Mob, while Keough comes into the game attempting to get its first win of the season.

O'Neill, which had a bye last week but lost to Morrissey 6-2 the previous week, has had two weeks to prepare for this game, and the Mob has used the extra time to their advantage.

"The first week we just emphasized going back to fundamentals, but this past week we've been preparing for both the Keough offense and defense," O'Neill captain Matt Hughey said.

Hughey also said that O'Neill was installing some new offensive plays they felt would be advantageous against the Keough defense. These new plays are intended to get the Mob offense back on track after it was unable to put up any points against Morrissey.

Keough is also entering Sunday's game with its last result being a loss to Morrissey.

The Kangaroos were soundly defeated 21-6, as they were unable to stop Morrissey running back Nick Klein, who ran for 141 yards on 18 carries and three touchdowns.

However, the absence of two of Keough's starting linebackers undoubtedly contributed to Klein's stellar performance.

"We had a lot of inexperience at linebacker because of forced adjustments, and we weren't able to prevent their running game from going outside," Keough captain Zach Brown said.

The regular linebacker core for Keough will be back to full strength for this week's game, which will make it more difficult for O'Neill to find running.

The game is Sunday at 1 p.m. on Riehle FB South.

Alumni vs. Stanford

The Dawgs face off against the Griffins in a pivotal battle with a potential playoff spot on the line.

With both teams stuck in the middle of the competitive Men's Gold League, Sunday's contest could ultimately be the difference between a ticket to the playoff - and a chance to play in Notre Dame Stadium in the championship game - and a trip home.

The contest kicks off at 2 p.m. on Riehle FB South.

Dillon vs. Morrissey

The Big Red and Manorites are slated to meet Sunday afternoon at 3 on Riehle FB South in a Men's Gold League showdown. After victories in its first two games, Morrissey is in prime position to make a long playoff run.