Mooney names final candidate for VP post

Saint Mary's President Carol Ann Mooney has announced that Robert Lueger will be the third and final candidate in the search for the College's new vice president and dean of faculty.

Lueger, a professor of psychology and former Associate Dean of Academic Affairs for the College of Arts and Sciences at Marquette University, is scheduled to address the College community during open forums April 18 and 19. The scheduled times of the forums have not yet been announced by the College.

Lueger's events at the College will mirror last week's open forums with the College's first two candidates - Saint Mary's religious studies professor Joe Incandela and Dean of Faculty at Colgate College and Saint Mary's alumna, Jill Tiefenthaler.

One forum will be open to faculty members and a second forum will invite students, administration and hourly employees to meet the candidate. Student leaders and search committee members have both scheduled private meetings with Lueger, as well as Incandela and Tiefenthaler.

Faculty, administration and students will have the opportunity to share their opinion of the candidates following the forum through the submission of an evaluation form - a process that Mooney has deemed successful thus far.

Although Mooney does not attend the forums and has yet to see the evaluation forms - which are submitted directly to Human Resources - she said she has "been told responses have been coming in at a good rate."

The search to replace the current Vice President and Dean of Faculty Pat White began as a result of his Jan. 28 announcement that he would be leaving the College at the end of the academic year to head Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Ind.

Mooney said she has not set a specific date to name White's replacement, but hopes to do so by the end of the semester.