Fans still support Irish on road trip

The Notre Dame vs. University of Michigan "Game Day" T-shirts are on sale at the Bookstore at a greatly reduced price - perhaps an effort to get rid of the apparel as quickly as Irish fans want to get rid of the memory of last Saturday's devastating blowout.

Despite the loss to that Michigan school, many faithful Notre Dame students will flock to Spartan Stadium in East Lansing on Saturday to cheer Notre Dame to victory against Michigan State.

Senior Kari LeBlancq won the chance to buy tickets to the game through the ticket lottery sponsored by the Student Union Board.

Regardless of Notre Dame's loss last week, LeBlancq is hopeful the Irish will get back on their feet and bring home a win.

"I'm still fully in support of the team and excited to go to the game," LeBlancq said.

LeBlancq, who is road tripping to the game on Saturday, has plans to tailgate before kickoff. LeBlancq and other students who won tickets through the lottery paid $70 a ticket, she said.

Senior Preston Carter, who also won a ticket through the SUB lottery, said he is "extremely confident" about the outcome of Saturday's game and looks forward to watching the Irish in East Lansing on Saturday.

Carter said he is leaving for the game on Saturday and then spending the night at MSU.

Sophomore Lauren Bennett is also traveling to Michigan on Saturday to show her support for the Irish. Bennet, however, didn't have to pay, as a friend got a few tickets to the game for her birthday. Bennett said she has friends at both Michigan and Michigan State.

"I turned my phone off during the Michigan game," Bennett said when asked if she experienced any harassment from her University of Michigan friends last Saturday.

Student government announced via e-mail early Thursday morning there would be a limited number of MSU tickets on sale to students at the LaFortune Box Office beginning at noon on Thursday. The tickets were sold at their face value of $70.

Brittany Williams, a student worker at the LaFortune Box Office, said there were about 30 tickets remaining as of 2 pm. Thursday. Williams said she had been told the Notre Dame Alumni Association had made 100 tickets available for sale.

Notre Dame students looking for a ride to the game can catch the Student Activities Office sponsored bus. Tickets are $20 and on sale at LaFortune Box Office, according to a notice posted on insideND.

This Saturday's game will mark the 70th face off between the Fighting Irish and the Spartans. The Irish lead the all-time series, 43-25-1, and have a record of 17-13-1 in East Lansing.