SMC Volleyball: Squad to face off against Adrian

Saint Mary's will have the opportunity to knock off MIAA No. 3 Adrian College at home Saturday in the final game of the regular season.

Coming off a big win against MIAA foe Tri-State Tuesday, the Belles (16-8, 9-6 MIAA) will play their final match before the MIAA tournament. Adrian holds a 16-8 overall record and 11-4 mark in the conference

Saint Mary's 16-8 record overall is tied with Adrian's, but SMC is now fifth in the MIAA.

Coach Julie Schroeder-Biek said that she believes in her team, but she knows the Belles will encounter problems if they don't improve their fundamentals.

"We will be working on our net game a lot these next two days - blocking, attacking, as well as coverage," she said. "Adrian has a very strong offense. We need to be ready to stop them at the net.

"Our floor defense has been strong all season so, of course, we need to maintain that as one of our strengths. Our front line is going to have really rise to the challenge."

Schroeder-Biek will be looking to her seniors to lead their team to a final regular season victory.

"Our seniors have done a nice job on the court all year," she said. "They have also been great leaders both on and off the court."

The Belles coach is very happy with how the season played, and is proud of her team.

"We have had a nice balance of players this season," she said. "If one player is having a rough game, someone else picks it up. That has been a huge reason for our success this year.

"We are not dependent on one player to carry the team."

The Belles host Adrian at 11 a.m.