Board of Governance: Group plans to include Fowlkes at meeting

Saint Mary's Board of Governance (BOG) members voted to invite chief information officer Keith Fowlkes to their final meeting of the semester Monday night.

Fowlkes wishes to visit BOG to discuss issues that arose when President Carol Ann Mooney held an information session with the Board three weeks ago.

"[Fowlkes will] discuss ResNet and anything at information technology that we have questions about," said Student Body President Susan McIlduff.

Fowlkes approached McIlduff about speaking to BOG, but the board first had to invite him to a meeting to address the issue.

Technology commissioner Elizabeth D'Aurora announced that she has also talked to Fowlkes about ResNet, and she speculated on some topics that he might address.

"He [will] probably talk a little bit about the residence hall clusters and why they don't have printers, and what we can do to change that," D'Aurora said. "I think it would be really helpful."

After agreeing to invite Fowlkes to an upcoming meeting, BOG discussed the ongoing "12 Days of Christmas" event. Sponsored by the senior board, the event raises money to purchase presents and decorations for needy families in the South Bend area.

"At the bake sale [held Thursday in LeMans Hall], they sold $400 [worth of baked goods], and we've sold over 100 '12 Days' passes and over 100 to-go mugs," senior class president Kat Kindt said. "The sophomore board also donated $150 from their dance. It's going well."

In Other BOG News:

uThe freshman board is sponsoring an Angel Tree that is set up in the lobby of McCandless Hall.

uChristmas Around the World will take place tomorrow in Reinbeaux Lounge in LeMans Hall.

uThe annual Late Night Breakfast will take place Monday at 10 p.m. The breakfast is open to all students, including those who live off-campus.

u"The DaVinci Code" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" will be shown in Vander Vennet theater this weekend.