White guys bring noise against 446

It was a neck-and-neck race between Team 446 and Five White Guys Bringin' in the Noise, but ultimately the collaborative effort and team spirit of the noise-bearing sophomores from Keenan clinched the 24-22 win over the freshman team from Carroll. Dan "The Noise" Hussey summed up Five White Guys strategy succinctly."The duck flies south - we shall take the west," he said. But the strategic mastermind was the team's coach, manager and friend - sophomore Scott McBride. "Well, you see, plan number one is don't lose, but plan number two is just as awesome - the three tall kids stand in the middle and let the fast kids control the ball. With a plan this sweet, I think we can win," he said prior to the game. The competitive Carroll team went into the game with a different mindset. "We expect it to be a long, hard struggle and a test of perseverance," guard Tom Bybicz said. "Team 446 is all about heart."From the first play of the game, it was obvious that these teams meant business. Five White Guys Bringin' in the Noise had a signature play, dubbed "Computer Blue," that, combined with numerous fast break lay-ups by Jordan DelPalacio, allowed the team to gain control and have the halftime lead of 11-10. Deep into the second half, key shots by top scorer Jon Sarna allowed Team 446 to gain a lead of 18-16, but a problematic eye injury to player Chris Weinacht ultimately slowed the team down.Despite the win, White Guys' manager McBride hopes his team can play even tougher in the next game. "Our team seems to have had trouble finding the backboard today," he said.

Team Wu Tang Clan 21Team 597 19In a classic battle between two teams from the second floor of Stanford, the Wu Tang Clan topped Team 597 Tuesday. In a game that lasted more than an hour and 10 minutes, this rivalry was more of a marathon than a sprint. Because the two teams knew each other well, they jawed back and forth constantly.The talk was silenced, however, when Wu Tang Clan's Tamba Samba, who was the most athletic and energetic player on the court, won the game on a long jumper from the side of the basket. "Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to [mess] with," Samba said in celebration over the hard-fought victory.The two teams were evenly matched, trading baskets the entire game. For the first hour of the game, the score went back and forth. After the hour mark, though, it became clear that the Wu Tang Clan was the better-conditioned team, as they started to out-hustle Team 597 towards the end. While Samba was a big factor in the game for the Wu Tang Clan, he was not a one-man wrecking crew. Martin Quintara, the self-proclaimed "best-looking player on the team," ended up not being just a pretty face. He led the Wu Tang Clan in scoring with eight points. When asked what they would do after their hard fought victory, Andrew Baroody shouted a response."We're on our way to Disneyworld!"

Team America 21, Team Nevernudes 17In a game that sported way more than its fair share of short shorts, oddly taped helmets and even a mullet, Team America pulled away after halftime to defeat the Nevernudes. At the start of the game, it was clear that both teams meant business, as demonstrated by their flexible, tight-fitting shorts, which gave both teams the range needed to play their hardest. The Nevernudes played a fast, up-tempo style that featured many full-court heaves to players on the other side of the court. In contrast, Team America chose to slow down the pace and pick the Nevernudes apart with their leading scorer, Ted Grossestreuer. At halftime, Team America led 11-10, but after the break Nevernudes could not maintain their up-tempo style, slowing down the game and playing at Team America's pace. Team America took advantage of this, scoring in bunches with their strong post play and suffocating defense. It also seemed that Team America was better equipped to handle the distraction of short shorts than were the Nevernudes. "We felt bad about our short shorts until they took off their pants." Team America member Arthur Kinsey said.