Help secure football's future

Fellow students:

This football season has been a rough one so far. However, we, as students, have a chance to have an impact on the Notre Dame program for years to come. This weekend, a key member of our No. 1 recruiting class in the nation, Omar Hunter, will be visiting Notre Dame. Hunter is one of the top defensive tackles in the nation and would be a valuable member of future Notre Dame football teams. He has already verbally committed to Notre Dame, but as we know from past years, nothing is set in stone. Previously, we have done a few chants for players on their official visits to Notre Dame. Last year, Armando Allen responded positively to the chanting of his name at a pep rally. Last Friday, Cyrus Gray responded well to the chanting of his name at the pep rally.

This weekend, it would be nice to do something for Hunter to make him feel wanted by the Notre Dame student body. During the media timeout, following the first quarter, I propose we begin a chant. The chant will go as follows: "We want Omar! We want Omar!" We will start the chant in the senior section and the rest of the student section will join in. Start spreading the word to all your friends. Let's make sure Hunter can hear it and that he knows how much we want him to come to Notre Dame.

Go Irish! Beat Falcons!

Patrick McGowan

senior

off campus

Nov. 8