Top 10 things to do during the writers strike

The last writers strike in 1988 endured for 22 weeks, but it is unclear how long the 2007 strike will continue. While we at Scene certainly do not want to see the strike go on for weeks and weeks, we've come up with some ways to occupy your time until your favorite shows return.1. Pray at the Grotto more often. Light a candle that FOX can convince Monica Lewinsky to return and host another season of "Mr. Personality."2. Make your own TV show. Better yet, make it a Notre Dame soap opera involving freshman roommates with split personalities and mysterious disappearances during a routine dorm fire drill.3. Take up knitting. It's a hobby you can carry over either when the strike ends or when you have babies - whichever comes first.4. Finally catch up on all those series you've been wanting to watch, but never had the time or motivation: "Friday Night Lights," "30 Rock," "The Wire" and please already, "Freaks and Geeks" and "Arrested Development."5. Devote the same amount of time to your studies as you did to watching television. See your grades go up faster than those of a kid on "Hooked on Phonics."6. Just watch all those "America's Next Top Model" marathons on VH1 because, really, what other television is there?7. Join a campus publication - just not "Scholastic" or "The Irish Rover."8. Learn all the words to the "Notre Dame Victory March" - not just the chorus, but that beginning part too. It's really about time you pretend like you go to this school.9. Start a dorm-wide letter-writing campaign to the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers asking them to justly compensate writers for all of their work. Death threats are not necessary since you need to worry about finals and not prison.10. Curl up into the fetal position and cry. Who knows when this strike will be over, and you're really not emotionally stable enough to handle that.