Women's Interhall Football Semifinals:Chaos and Finest meet for third time this season

Cavanaugh and Farley each have a win against the other this season. And in the third matchup, Sunday at 2 p.m. on Riehle Field, the victor wins not only the series but a trip to the championship.

The Chaos upset No. 3 seed Pangborn last week.

"We're coming off a pretty big win and our best game of the season," Cavanaugh senior captain Tarah Brown said. "We're peaking at the right time, and hopefully our momentum will carry all the way through the stadium."

Last week, Cavanaugh was impressive on both sides of the ball. Its 18-point performance was its best of the season. Junior quarterback Katie Dunn threw for two touchdowns and ran for another last week in the win.

The Cavanaugh defense was equally impressive. It constantly pressured the opposing quarterback and shut down opposing receivers. The defense yielded a late touchdown that accounted for Pangborn's only points of the game.

Farley comes into this week's game fresh off an upset of its own, as the Finest took down previously undefeated Walsh in the quarterfinals, thanks in part to a safety.

"Our team did great last week against Walsh," Farley captain Jenny Rolfs said. "They were undefeated, and we knew we had to step it up to beat them, and we did just that."

Rolfs believed the key to the game would be tenacity, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

"This week, we're looking to stay aggressive on the line to keep pressure on their quarterback," Rolfs said. "This week is going to be a hard-fought game, but we're an aggressive team, so we should be able to hold our own."

The Farley defense is led by its strong secondary, featuring seniors Anna Pursley and Kim Crehan at safety and sophomore Caity Shepherd at cornerback. In addition, junior linebacker Brighid McGann has a few interceptions, and freshman Alek Koryzno has contributed a few sacks,

Like Cavanaugh, Farley also had its best offensive game of the season last week. The Farley offense is led by Rolfs at receiver, freshman quarterback Emily Murphy and freshman receiver Kelly Weber.

Welsh Family vs.

Pasquerilla West

Welsh Family looks to keep its winning streak and its stadium dreams alive as the Whirlwinds take on last year's defending champion Pasquerilla West at 1 p.m. on Sunday at Riehle Field.

While the Whirlwinds shut out Lyons 14-0 in the first round of the playoffs, the Purple Weasels barely squeaked by Howard 13-12.

The Whirlwinds have been on a roll all season, racking up a 6-0 record - including four shutouts.

Pasquerilla West, on the other hand, came in with some new faces but maintained its winning ways with a 4-2 record in the regular season. One of those losses came earlier in the year against Welsh Family. The Whirlwinds beat the Purple Weasels 6-0 in their first meeting and the upcoming game looks to be a similar, hard-fought game.

Both teams have tough defenses with the capability to shut opponents down. The key for Welsh Family will be to get in an offensive rhythm, and if junior quarterback Jenni Gargula can continue her offensive dominance, the Whirlwinds will be tough to stop.

The Purple Weasels will look to fix some of their mistakes in execution from the close game with Howard to try to return to the stadium.